jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Please note this occured in CANADA where handguns are illegal. :faint:

It turns out assembling a LEGO handgun in your office while your colleagues play Modern Warfare 2 can actually cause quite a bit of trouble.
    Last Wednesday, a Toronto designer was arrested at his office by a SWAT team that was responding to a report from a man in a neighboring apartment block. The concerned citizen called the police when he spied Jeremy Bell assembling a handgun in his office.
    Writing in his blog, Jeremy says he doesn't really have a reason for buying a kit to build a replica gun out of LEGO. "It doesn’t do much (other than clearly look real), but I’ve always been a fan of LEGO so I decided to pick it up." Bell continues on to say that he assembled the gun before putting it back in the box. "I literally assembled it, handed it to a co-worker (who promptly broke it) and then put it back in the box."
    Bell and his coworkers were playing Modern Warfare 2 when they heard "intense yelling" in the hallway. When Bell heard his name, he went to see what was happening. As soon as he opened the door, there was a gun and a flashlight in his face. "With my hands up, I had to lift my shirt and slowly spin around. Once they confirmed I wasn’t packing any LEGO heat, I walked backwards towards them, was then cuffed, pulled into the stairwell and thrown against the wall," writes Bell.
    "I was surrounded by about six SWAT guys armed with shotguns and assault rifles. … Apparently I had been reported with a gun." Jeremy then explained to the police officers that his weapon was actually plastic, "Guys, seriously? It’s Lego. It’s in a box—in pieces I might add—by my desk at the front.”
    Two SWAT members kept Jeremy pressed up against the wall while the rest went to check it out. “We found it … it’s Lego,” came the response.
    Jeremy later discovered that someone in the building across the street had seen him with the gun, taken photos and called the police. Photo below, via Geekologie.
    loupe.gif
    Zoom
    The company Bell ordered the LEGO gun from tweeted on Friday, "Due to the overwhelming number of orders from recent press and the holiday rush, all orders from today on will be delayed 2-3 extra weeks."

SOURCE: SWAT Team Busts Guy For Assembling LEGO Gun - Tom's Guide

----
    I'm sure in 10 years we will be in this same "state". :cool:

bartonmd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Mooresville/Camby
    lol!

That definetly looks real in the picture...I can see where the "peepers" concern came from. Almost looks like a scene from a movie.

She was apparently less than observant, having missed the LEGO instructions showing a how to build the gun, right under it... with LEGO really big on the top, and a picture of the gun under it...

Mike

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    ME thinks that there's something more here. I see a publicity stunt - how would a peeping tom:

1. Time it just right to see the Lego gun and capture it so perfectly on camera?
    2. Just happen to have a camera that would take that good of a shot from "a building accross the street?"

Further more, a SWAT team would not make a dynamic assault on a threat such as this, especially since the gun was no longer present nor was anyone being threatened.

I call BS......

No to mention, the original article was posted from an internet forum, and you know how trustworthy they can be!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom