• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JUMBO

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Offer $100 bucks for it! I bought one new when they first came out, didnt care for it so I gave it to my Dad! he seems to like it rather well.

rockydog

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Lake Wawasee Northern IN
    My Dad has one, I have one. Reworked both triggers to barely OK and usable. If these had came with a good trigger they would have put a hurt on the XD's, Glocks, and the M&Ps (I fully believe that's why they didn't). I bought one of them new for 300.00 with 4 mags. Around 200.00 would be a good price for a stainless 40 made by Smith that goes bang every time. By far not the best gun I own but I've shot plenty of guns that cost a lot more and didn't function as well. :twocents:

simpleman44

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    white county
    I carry my 9ve everyday, i trust my life with it. It goes bang every time. Like a lot of people said the trigger takes getting use to and it does smooth out. As far as comfort it is the most comfortable polymer gun i have held. You can have your glocks. If you can get it for $200 or less probably not a bad deal.:cool:

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Well...I had BOTH a 9ve AND a 40ve. I picked them up a year ago black friday when Gander Mountain had them on sale. I tried and tried to like either one and couldn't. I even picked up an additional 8 mags for the 9ve. I ended up trading the 9ve to a mamber of the board for a .45 carbine. The 40ve, well that is another story. It sat in the bottom of the safe for over a year. I think I took it out shooting a grand total of 3 or so times. put less than 300 rounds through it. I ended up trading it in on a XD-40 service model and a hi-point 995 with the tactical stock this last weekend at 21st century firearms. If I had it all to do over again I wouldn't have paid retail for the guns. I WOULD however pick them up for a C-note each and have them as a truck gun. The trigger was rough, and the grip just didn't feel right in my hand for a carry gun. Other may find it acceptable, but I didn't. Hope this helps.

Greg

ludlow

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    I have a Sigma and M&Ps. The Sigma is okay, very heavy trigger pull but if you shoot DAO revolvers which can have a similarly heavy trigger it should not bother you. Not worth much on resale as they get slammed pretty hard on most forums. But it if the price is right, it might be a good deal. Also, regarding the trigger, there are many threads on the S&W Forum and on this board regarding mods to "loosen" up the trigger. This is not an endorsement as I run mine stock, but I did do some polishing on mine which removed the grittiness from the pull.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Current generation Sigmas are nothing like the originals but still carry the stigma. I've shot them but don't own one currently. If one came my way for a fair price, I'd snap it up though. Fair price is subjective though, since a new one can be had for $330 - $50 rebate. I'd pay $150-190 but noone seems willing to give one up for that price.

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    Thanks all for your responses. I have plenty of weapons and do not need or really want the 40ve that I asked about when I started this post. I was asking about this gun because the guy who owns the gun needs money and I just wanted to help if the gun was worth anything.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Same old same old response from most people, a Glock knock off, with a heavy trigger pull. Also to me they feel cheap when being handled. Or that's how I felt from the times i handled a SW40VE and the one very short time period of owning a SW9VE personally. Didn't like it, will stick with Glocks. But if you want to give it a try, you have the money to spend, and it's got a steal of a price. Then give it a try to see for yourself if you like it or not. Me personally, not trying to sound like a fan boy but I would rather save the few extra dollars to get a Glock...or save a tad more and go H&K i.e USP.

Though the M&P's and M&P compacts by Smith & Wesson are awesome too. :D

Dennis0130

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2009
    Goshen, IN
    I just took my new 40VE to the range yesterday. I didnt have any problems with it. The only thing I didn't like was the trigger pull was a little much to keep a good group. Overall I am pleased with it.

Top Bottom