• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    I believe the 40 to 357sig is also a go. the mag followers say 40/357. I plan on a 357sig barrels for both my m&p40 full size and compact.

Adamz04

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Fort wayne
    I was curious because i always see and hear people talking about the barrel swaps on glocks which makes them more appealing. I wonder if there are other makes that you can do that with?

bullfrog4ever

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    AKA: IN_Sheeppuppy
    Most of the people who swap barrels with the m&p usually get the conversion barrels which I believe is only made by storm lake at the moment(there may be others, but I don't remember at the moment). The issue you'd get from just buying a 9mm barrel and dropping it into a .40 is that there're are difference in the geometry of the outside dimensions which can effect lockup and timing and barrel/slide wear. Although I have heard of people doing that without issues, there's still a chance of damaging the m&p. I bought the storm lake conversion .40-9mm and still had some issues with the 9mm not sitting right and the firing pin missing the primer and hitting the rim. Not sure what caused it though, haven't used it since. I guess I need to try it out again and see. Those are just my oberservations and YMMV.

Good luck with whatever you chose!

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Ive heard of people swapping out .40 and .357 barrels on Sigs w/o issue but never tried on any of mine.

Im thinking about getting a .357 barrel for my .40 P226.

__Doc_

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Henry Co
    you can buy conversion barrels but make sure you get the proper extractor and mag if you go too high or too low

bullfrog4ever

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    AKA: IN_Sheeppuppy
    you can buy conversion barrels but make sure you get the proper extractor and mag if you go too high or too low

I was thinking that my extractor was the issue, I've got the 9mm mags, but as I said, the round wouldn't sit right and the firing pin would strike the rim or just outside the primer. I may get the APEX FRE and try it again. Plus it may help the occasional erratic ejecting of the shell casings...

jackadew

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Washington Co.
    I haven't tried swapping barrels yet...just bought my M&P 9 Pro this week. But if you look on Midways website, they have original S&W barrels for $68.00. They are sold out rite now...but the comments say they work great.

Top Bottom