• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    Alright, I'm still a greenhorn, but I'm noticing something in myself I don't like.

I'm a big movie buff from everything as far back as Charlie Chan, in just about every category, as long as the romance film includes John Wayne :D

I'm noticing now that I am not able to suspend my disbelief when a guy gets shot and flies backwards into and out of a window. This started last year when MythBusters took many AR's and shotguns took on a pig hanging on the edge of a hook that wouldn't take even 1/2 inch of movement to knock it off, and even the fifty call rifles couldn't do it.

Thoughts?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I get that with a lot of things, mostly technology-related. Almost all "hacker" movies (Swordfish and Hackers, I'm looking at YOU! We won't even discuss The Net) make me want to scream "AT LEAST HIRE ONE TECHNICAL CONSULTANT, DAMMMIT!"

I think it really depends on the topic. I'm sure there are experts and hobbyists in all disciplines that can find a movie where they scream "That's not how it is!"

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    I love counting shoots fired before mag changes. In Commando Arnie fired an AR 117 times before he dropped it. It had a 30rd mag in it.

I just watched The Punisher II. 39 shots from a full auto Beretta Pistol before a mag change and it wasn't an extended mag.

Last edited:

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Yeah. Every action...equal/opposite reaction...and all that.

If a bullet were to throw someone violently back, wouldn't the recoil from the other end throw the shooter violently back in an equal manner?

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    I get you with the tech stuff :). I'm a sys-admin by trade, so all of that is silly. Although let's not forget that Hackers gets by since it was Jolie's breakout role :)

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I enjoyed Hackers as a movie. The "hacking" (actually, it was cracking, not hacking, but that's part of why it pissed me off) was what annoyed me.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    I get that with a lot of things, mostly technology-related. Almost all "hacker" movies (Swordfish and Hackers, I'm looking at YOU! We won't even discuss The Net) make me want to scream "AT LEAST HIRE ONE TECHNICAL CONSULTANT, DAMMMIT!"

I think it really depends on the topic. I'm sure there are experts and hobbyists in all disciplines that can find a movie where they scream "That's not how it is!"

wait so you mean to tell me that inside of my computer there's not another little universe and TRON never existed?

edit: KIDDING for all those who need to get AFK for some reality checks lol

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    Hey Techno nerds!!!!!

I thought we were talking about guns stuff and shooting, come on I know everyone of you does the same thing. 12 shots out of a Mossy 500.

LOL....If I get a virus now I will hunt you down and do things to you that Ned and Burt would be embarassed by.

Can you hear the bango music?

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    It's not bullet energy that causes a reaction of someone who is shot. Did you ever see the video of Hinckley shooting Secret Service agent Tim McCarthy with a little .22? He flies and spins through the air due to involuntary muscle movements caused by the trauma. No one is going to fly backwords knocked off their feet for 3 yards but they won't necessarily drop like a bag of rocks either.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen

I watched you through your computer screen for awhile but there is only so much bacon grease on on a guy's chin that I can watch.

I enjoyed Hackers as a movie. The "hacking" (actually, it was cracking, not hacking, but that's part of why it pissed me off) was what annoyed me.

That because you have no kung fu.;)

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    It's not bullet energy that causes a reaction of someone who is shot. Did you ever see the video of Hinckley shooting Secret Service agent Tim McCarthy with a little .22? He flies and spins through the air due to involuntary muscle movements caused by the trauma. No one is going to fly backwords knocked off their feet for 3 yards but they won't necessarily drop like a bag of rocks either.
    Never thought of that. Like a headshot on a rabbit I guess.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I didn't have the first few years of 2600 so I got a copy of "the Best of 2600" as soon as it came out. I heard on OTH that they have a new limited edition version of it... anyone see it?

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    I know what you mean. I'm a car guy. The first Fast & Furious movie was so fake it wasn't even funny. The following ones tried to be less "technical" and more entertaining. Which they were.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    A......
    I'm noticing now that I am not able to suspend my disbelief when a guy gets shot and flies backwards into and out of a window. .......

Wait....... now you're telling me I can't believe everything that come
    out of Hollyweird? Dang, my world view has been shattered.

:)

Soon you'll be counting the 100's of rounds fired without reloading.
    15 slide racks of a shotgun every time someone enters a room.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    My biggest complaint was that the movies lied to me about what a suppressor sounds like. I couldn't find one that makes that laser sound anywhere!

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Yep, basic physics, If the guy getting shot moved backwards 4 feet then the guy shooting the gun would also be moved back 4 feet when he pulled the triger. I like the movies that show a silencer on a revolver, hehe to funny

Top Bottom