• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    To give you an idea of how large the procession was I saw a single camera amateur video taken at the south edge of Kokomo and it took 7 minutes for all vehicles to pass that single point.

RIP Deputy Koontz and God bless your family!

BobDaniels

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Boone Co
    No. I was replying to your post and I edited it instead.
    My mistake. Been one of "Those" days.

Sorry Tim, miscommunication on my part. I saw my post had been fiddled with a couple of times and my reply was a wise crack about the post editing. After I hit Post, I decided it was the "wrong thread for humor..."

If there's one thing I am good at it's miscommunicating; just ask my wife.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Sorry Tim, miscommunication on my part. I saw my post had been fiddled with a couple of times and my reply was a wise crack about the post editing. After I hit Post, I decided it was the "wrong thread for humor..."

If there's one thing I am good at it's miscommunicating; just ask my wife.

They never get our humor anyway....

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I know I'm going to make arrangement to attend the funeral, I hope we have a good sized group going.

They are expecting about 3000. Tuesday 29th @ 11 am, Northwestern H.S.
    The FOP memorial team has their stuff squared away, details covered. It's unfortunate that they have handled enough to get good.

MrPeabody

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    Hamilton County
    We were at the funeral home yesterday when they brought the Deputy in. Brother in law's father's viewing was last evening. It was unbelievable. They had so many people and officers that they shut the entrance into the funeral home down for an hour. No one could go in or out. Traffic was backed up for miles all around. I have never seen such an outpouring of community and support. Although this was a very unfortunate incident I have never been more proud of the people there and the level of respect they showed.

Last edited:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    They are expecting about 3000. Tuesday 29th @ 11 am, Northwestern H.S.
    The FOP memorial team has their stuff squared away, details covered. It's unfortunate that they have handled enough to get good.

We were at the funeral home yesterday when they brought the Deputy in. Brother in law's father's viewing was last evening. It was unbelievable. They had so many people and officers that they shut the entrance into the funeral home down for an hour. No one could go in or out. Traffic was backed up for miles all around. I have never seen such an outpouring of community and support. Although this was a very unfortunate incident I have never been more proud of the people there and the level of respect they showed.
    I've attended maybe a dozen LE funerals over the years and they still are awe inspiring.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I attended a High School friends funeral last year (Delaware County Sheriff Mike Scroggins) and it was a very touching and respect giving service.

No matter how tough I think am, when the bag pipes started playing Amazing Grace I couldn't hold the tears back.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I attended a High School friends funeral last year (Delaware County Sheriff Mike Scroggins) and it was a very touching and respect giving service.

No matter how tough I think am, when the bag pipes started playing Amazing Grace I couldn't hold the tears back.

Bagpipes+Amazing Grace=Tears

I saw that eqation in an Algebra book a few years ago. I get allergies everytime I hear them.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton

Bagpipes+Amazing Grace=Tears

I saw that eqation in an Algebra book a few years ago. I get allergies everytime I hear them.

I have to agree with you 87iroc. It gets me everytime.

Glad I'm not the only one

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I was also surprise by the 21 gun salute at Sheriff Mike Scroggins funeral. They used shotguns instead of rifles.

Is this common for all police funerals? Does the city, county and state police use different guns?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I was also surprise by the 21 gun salute at Sheriff Mike Scroggins funeral. They used shotguns instead of rifles.

Is this common for all police funerals? Does the city, county and state police use different guns?

Depends on what the department can get their hands on. The 21-gun salute is common, taken from military tradition.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom