• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    To be clear, Susan is not using the inclusive "our" in that title. She, herself, is not a part of any gun culture besides anti-gun culture.

Susan Meister: The shame of our gun culture - MontereyHerald.com :

But I truly do not believe she was thinking criticly about what she was writing, especially in the final passages. There, she brought up the McCarthy era (no, not Kevin McCarthy, the new House Majority Leader, Joseph McCarthy, ardent anti-Communist). Joe was shunted into the Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations and began haranguing government employees from the Voice of America to the US Army itself for months and years, "Are you now, or have you ever been, a member of the Communist Party?" The reason I think Ms. Meister flunked Critical Thinking 101, is because she brings this up after laying out a meticulous plan for anti-gun zealots to begin haranguing celebrities, cultural notables, and everyday Americans, relentlessly, "Are you now, or have you ever been, a gun owner?"

She correctly references that the end of the McCarthy era came when people got tired of Joe's apparent "beating up on the special needs kids". Her proposition is that the anti-gun crowd will get the NRA-ILA to back down by showing them to be "beating up on the special needs kids" just like McCarthy was shutdown. The point that completely eludes her is the fact that she is, in fact, attempting to become, with her anti-gun friends, the new Joe McCarthys. She falsely attempts to draw parallels between NRA lobbying and Joe McCarthy, but Joe, while trying to root out Communists, never turned his magnifying glass on the Congress itself, which is where the NRA-ILA's efforts are chiefly directed in the federal sphere. By directing their ire at everyday American gun owners, Meister wants the anti-gun crowd to engage in McCarthyism of the worst kind, all while charging those who she would target with McCarthyism.

Doublethink, thy name is Susan Meister.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    California tool. Martinez is delusional if he thinks the NRA "controls" the Congress. This is the drivel we will need to battle endlessly.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    :wallbash:

The stupidity never ends. That comments section...sigh. How can so many be so ignorant? Oh wait, they can't think for themselves and believe everything the media reports. Good for them!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    It seems apparent that Meister Verräter rode the short bus when she was young.

Oh, and as for McCarthy, you may want to research the Venona project. It seems that our own spies knew full well that McCarthy, if anything, was more correct than he realized at the time.

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    What a ridiculous article. "as easy as buying a tube of toothpaste" indeed!

I also always enjoy the condescension that dismisses all gun owners as duped tools of the nefarious NRA.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Bleeding heart liberal.

I am a liberal; this woman is not. I realize it is common language to use the term liberal as a synonym to leftist, as many here do. This is, however, incorrect. Today's usage of the term seems to be almost the opposite of its origins.

deltaecho

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 12, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I am a liberal; this woman is not. I realize it is common language to use the term liberal as a synonym to leftist, as many here do. This is, however, incorrect. Today's usage of the term seems to be almost the opposite of its origins.

"It only takes 20 years for a liberal to become a conservative without changing a single idea.” - Robert Anton Wilson

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    More emotional non-objective drivel. She seems far closer to a Joe McCarthy than the NRA ever will be. Before she starts spouting off about how the NRA is bad for children, she best ask herself if she is doing as much for kids as the NRA, otherwise her stupid remarks may backfire on her (as if that would be a surprise :rolleyes: ).

As far as kids are concerned, the NRA is actively involved with kids on many levels. Here's just a few of their programs, I got tired of cutting and pasting, I didn't even get half of them:

1. Eddie Eagle GunSafe Program
    Teaches children in pre-K through third grade four important steps to take if they find a gun.

2.National Youth Shooting Sports Cooperative Program
    Youth Programs|National Youth Shooting Sports Cooperative Program
    NRA has resources, programs and training to assist youth organizations, such as Boy Scout troops, Royal Ranger outposts, American Legion posts, JROTC units, 4-H clubs, FFA chapters, commercial summer camps and U.S. Jaycee chapters.

3. Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification Program
    Education and Training|Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification Program
    From a young shooter's first BB gun to sophisticated air rifles, shotguns, muzzleloaders, pistols, and rifles, the Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification Program offers family fun and enjoyment that can last a lifetime.

4. National Junior Shooting Camps
    Education and Training|National Junior Shooting Camps

5. Writing Contests & Scholarships
    Civil Rights Legal Defense Fund - Contests & Scholarships
    The NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund sponsors a scholarly writing contest for grades K-12. The theme for the essay is "What Does The Second Amendment Mean to You?"

That's just a few of the NRA's youth programs. More here:
    Youth Programs|Youth Programs

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I think that the real shame is that so few Americans continue to acknowledge and respect the rights and liberties of the individual as well as the commensurate responsibilities that are intrinsically linked to those rights and liberties.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    When considering the history of American politics, it fits.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I think that the real shame is that so few Americans continue to acknowledge and respect the rights and liberties of the individual as well as the commensurate responsibilities that are intrinsically linked to those rights and liberties.

Well put! I respect her right to be as dumb as a box of hammers. :laugh:

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    From the comments section:
    is a left-wing loon. She OBVIOUSLY 'forgets' that the Senate is controlled by that most notable of scumbags, Harry Reid and the DemocRATS. So, she intentionally avoids the issue by just citing 'Congress'.

Susan then states "...as one member of the House candidly admitted..." but 'conveniently' fails to name that Representative. You can bet your next meal that the "member of the House" in question is a DemocRAT, and leaving off their name was absolutely intentional.

Susan ALSO 'conveniently' fails to state that it is the DemocRATS that prohibited background checks accessing and utilizing mental health records to make determinations for 'prohibited persons'. Susan ALSO 'conveniently' fails to state that it is, and for years has been, the DemocRATS that prohibit incarcerated those diagnosed with mental psychosis.

Susan ALSO 'conveniently' opines that the 'sole' purpose of a firearm "is for killing". Which is simply a blatant lie. So Susan, the SOLE purpose of a Police Officer having a handgun is to KILL PEOPLE?!

I could go on and on poking holes in Susan's 'theories' and exposing the outright, carefully calculated and outright LIES perpetrated by this raving lefty-loon, but the examples above provide sufficient evidence.

The rhetoric and outright lies spewed by this rabid, anti-gun lunatic are too much for ANY sensible person to rally for. ONLY the lunatics would side with such rubbish.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that history has shown that Joe McCarthy was pretty much on the money. Much of the government WAS infested with Communists, particularly the State Department.

Top Bottom