• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Just got a Surefire Titan plus a few days ago and have been playing around with it. Its a smaller key-chain light that has an output of 15, 75 and 300 lumens, that's right 300 lumens in a tiny ass light. I had been looking for a EDC light for a while now but I am too lazy to carry a larger light and want a higher output range so the Titan+ fit the bill perfectly and with a street price of $100 its not super expensive. There is a less expensive standard Titan model out that has a 15 and 125 lumens with s street price of $60. You can either use the pocket clip or it has an key-ring attachment point for easy of carry and convenience. The Titan+ fits in the coin pocket of most jeans as well so it cont scratch up you pocket knife or phone as well.

So now with such a small, high output, affordable light isn't it time to integrate a light into the EDC system? Plus the titan is made in the USA with a life time warranty running off common AAA batteries.

http://www.surefire.com/titan-a.html (125 lumen lower output light)
    http://www.surefire.com/titan-b.html (300 lumen high output model )
    ZsqRTy6h.jpg

The 15 lumen low light mode
    OATXkA4h.jpg

75 lumen medium mode
    NpDuYTah.jpg

300 lumen bright mode

kLXsZZ3h.jpg

Size comparison with a microtech scarab and a Dan Wesson ECO to show how small the light is.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've been tempted to purchase a Titan since they were first released. I've carried a Fenix P1Dce for years now and it operates the same way, with a twist bezel. I've never been crazy about that option so I've not purchased a Titan. Looks like an excellent flashlight otherwise and you can't go wrong with Surefire in my opinion.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I'll stick with Zebralight. Their SC600 or SC62 goes to ~ 1k lumens, and their lights are very compact for their output. I used their headlamp version on my race (running) that took me through the Smokies all the way through the night. Needless to say, I trust (actually did) my life to it.

Best lights under $100 out there IMHO.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'll stick with Zebralight. Their SC600 or SC62 goes to ~ 1k lumens, and their lights are very compact for their output. I used their headlamp version on my race (running) that took me through the Smokies all the way through the night. Needless to say, I trust (actually did) my life to it.

The great competition that has developed over the past few years has driven Surefire's pricing down to compete.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Competition in the flashlight industry has done wonders. I seriously can't believe what I'm able to strap to my forehead and run with. It almost looks like daylight in the woods.....almost.

The great competition that has developed over the past few years has driven Surefire's pricing down to compete.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I've been tempted to purchase a Titan since they were first released. I've carried a Fenix P1Dce for years now and it operates the same way, with a twist bezel. I've never been crazy about that option so I've not purchased a Titan. Looks like an excellent flashlight otherwise and you can't go wrong with Surefire in my opinion.

Thats a dealbreaker for me too. No tailcap switch=no buy. I might consider a tailcap that doesnt do momentary contact (vs click then RELEASE to turn on) but if there is no tailcap its a non-starter for me.

Shadow Goose

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2015
    South
    I am going check this light out. It looks like it is a great size that would not feel bulky in your pocket. Surefire is hard to beat, but the price is alway what moves me away from them (I am cheap and I know). I used to have the 5.11 PLx and it was a great fit in the pocket, but something went wrong with it. I am now using Helotex G2 CREE LED that you can use an AA or CR123 battery, but it is bulky.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield

Zebralight looks like nice lights, I do not agree with the fact their website says they are an "American owned and operated company" yet their gear is manufactured in china, I do not think that is cool at all and refuse to support a company that pulls that crap. I will stick with Surefire they are American made and have the best warranty in the business.

Thanks Dean. What size battery does to eat?

The Titan+ uses AAA batteries, surefire supplies them with Eneloops by Panasonic so that's what I got they are really nice rechargeables.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Zebralight looks like nice lights, I do not agree with the fact their website says they are an "American owned and operated company" yet their gear is manufactured in china, I do not think that is cool at all and refuse to support a company that pulls that crap. I will stick with Surefire they are American made and have the best warranty in the business.

The Titan+ uses AAA batteries, surefire supplies them with Eneloops by Panasonic so that's what I got they are really nice rechargeables.

The other thing that I disregard with other companies are the advertised lumens, with the exception of Surefire. They're one of the only companies in the bussiness with the actual precision equipment to measure them, where as the other folks just guess.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The other thing that I disregard with other companies are the advertised lumens, with the exception of Surefire. They're one of the only companies in the bussiness with the actual precision equipment to measure them, where as the other folks just guess.

I just always assumed lumens were lies. :)

Top Bottom