• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Refurbished this Colt 1903 and had it reblued, then found a place that sold threaded barrels. Now I'm supressor shopping, but not just for sound reduction, it has to have the right look to go with the old school gun. I'm thinking long and smaller diameter about the size of 12 gauge shells pictured and made of steel so it can be blue finished like the pistol. I've asked around and gotten some good suggestions so far, thought I would post it up for collective suggestions. Should top this rig off with ivory grip panels and a shoulder holster of some sort to hold both. For those that don't know these old guns, this is the common 32 ACP.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    Are you looking to buy or build? SDtactical has parts to build one if you'd like to go that route. They have smaller diameters that might suit your needs pretty well, though I'd be concerned it might not have enough volume inside to do a great job. They have a forum that can answer most questions you might have. I like the thought of a big blued suppressor, however I think if truly steel, that little pistol might really struggle cycling (even with a booster).

While NOT quite what you have stated, the first thing that popped into my head, as far as "cool factor", was the Thompson Poseidon.

Sweet project, i'll be curious what you come up with!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I probably not up to the machine skills to do a good job myself, I've taken the suppressors I do have apart several times over the years but those are MG cans. This item has to look good, I can polish the metal well enough once assembled.

Here it is attached to an old RDK AM-180 Suppressor. I'm thinking longer, thinner tube, maybe a rounded instead of flat muzzle.

Last edited:

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Very cool. I'd be interested who you're looking at so far. I know there were some long and skinny 32acp suppressors back in the day but I think they used wipes. Maybe not.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I have seen those Poseidon's, not what he wants IMO. That is a very sweet pistolLeadeye, WOW, ivory grips would set it off and make it perfect along with the suppressor as you describe. You have great taste in weaponry. :@ya:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Build it! Once you have an approved form 1, turning a freeze plug into a baffle isn't hard. I've made two.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    Build it! Once you have an approved form 1, turning a freeze plug into a baffle isn't hard. I've made two.
    Especially if you get performed freeze plugs. You pretty much just need to drill some holes then. And look at the bright side, with 9 months of paperwork wait time, you've got a lot of time to plan............. If you have any interest at all in building, don't be intimidated. Its not bad.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I know a couple of smaller SOT's that could probably take care of you. I'm sure it would be pricier than a standard 9mm can. No need to worry about a booster as the 1903 is a fixed barrel. Very cool project. Might look to see if Maxim made a can for the old Colt back in the day, maybe you could find someone to copy that design for a real authentic look.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom