• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    Sliding a steel tube over the end of a barrel and firing a bullet through that tube and trying to get it to exit a tiny little hole at the end of that tube is a disaster waiting to happen. The "silencer" would have to be mated to a specific barrel contour, because the slightest movement or mis-alignment would result in catastrophic failure.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    If they had a manufacturer stamps or something I could have gotten the stamp as they were held by a class 3 until approved.

Wrong...

If they were not registered by a NFA manufacturer within 48hrs of manufacturer or after an approved Form 1 was received then they were and would have always been contraband.

There is no registering an illegal NFA item after the fact to "un-illegal" it.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    The issue with them is that they were homemade.
    There is nothing illegal about homemade suppressors provided they are registered. I have my own homemade suppressor that is registered on a Form 1, just like any other homemade NFA firearm (like SBR's that are commonly "made" on Form 1's). The real problem is as stated below, they were not registered at the time of making and therefore they're contraband (if they were actually suppressors).
    Wrong...

If they were not registered by a NFA manufacturer within 48hrs of manufacturer or after an approved Form 1 was received then they were and would have always been contraband.

There is no registering an illegal NFA item after the fact to "un-illegal" it.

Top Bottom