• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I have a YHM Stinger and I used, Silencer Cleaning - Rimfire Research & Development method with the stainless steel pins to clean my baffles. I put maybe 200 rounds through it and had to let it sit in jail while paperwork cleared. Once I got to possess it I cleaned it and the pins work wonders. I also use the tumbler and pins to clean brass for reloading and have been very happy with the results.

With stainless pins you have to be careful though, I messed up the baffles on my Guardian by using pins, the weight and constant bombardment compressed my baffles. I plan to shoot the thing till it's full then send it in for the stainless baffle upgrade.

Slip 2000 Carbon Killer works great

laf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    Lafayette
    Were your baffles made of aluminum or stainless? The new Stingers are K type made from stainless steel. Tube is aluminum. The tube was mostly clean when I took it apart so just used CLP on it and that worked well. Baffles with their lead buildup took the tumbler and dental picks to really clean it up. I'll check the Slip 2000 Carbon Killer out next time I'm at the store.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Were your baffles made of aluminum or stainless? The new Stingers are K type made from stainless steel. Tube is aluminum. The tube was mostly clean when I took it apart so just used CLP on it and that worked well. Baffles with their lead buildup took the tumbler and dental picks to really clean it up. I'll check the Slip 2000 Carbon Killer out next time I'm at the store.

Aluminum. I found where other people were using stainless pins on aluminum baffles with great results. Either I have bad luck, Huntertown uses softer aluminum than the others, or they've just been lucky in regards to their aluminum baffles being able to be cleaned by the pins

Top Bottom