• ...and so much more!
  • NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    DanVoils,
    Nice job sir.
    If you should get the chance, can you state groups with and without the can?
    Thanks,
    Hib

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    DanVoils,
    Nice job sir.
    If you should get the chance, can you state groups with and without the can?
    Thanks,
    Hib
    Thanks, I like to do more than buy guns and either just shoot them or make them safe queens. This is definitely a shooter!
    I didn't get a chance to put it on paper as the skies opened up and washed out the rest of the after noon. My plan is to get it out soon and see what it will do with and without the can.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Cool. Good luck on the monsoons. Sounds like we're fixing to get another right now.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Thanks, it's a lot of fun to shoot. It's actually mine and the idiot I'm referring to is myself. :cool: It's surprisingly accurate, even out to 200 yards with Tula ammo. I try not to shoot the corrosive stuff unless I have to. I'm definitely not shooting corrosive through the can!

The accuracy of tula has been a joke out of anything I've put it through. In fact the quality control on the ammo is so pathetic I'd be concerned about running it through a can.

Old military surplus ammo on the other hand has been shooting SUPERBLY from my vepr. Just be ready to spray out your can when you're done and I don't see why you'd have any problems.

Trying to get all of that junk out of a gas gun is a nightmare by comparison.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    The accuracy of tula has been a joke out of anything I've put it through. In fact the quality control on the ammo is so pathetic I'd be concerned about running it through a can.

Old military surplus ammo on the other hand has been shooting SUPERBLY from my vepr. Just be ready to spray out your can when you're done and I don't see why you'd have any problems.

Trying to get all of that junk out of a gas gun is a nightmare by comparison.
    I have Mil-Surp I've shot through it with great results. I'm concerned about the corrosion. What would I spray it out with to remove the corrosives? Most of my other cans I can disassemble to clean but I don't shoot anything corrosive through them.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I finally got a chance to put it on paper. This thing is too much fun to shoot! Ammo was the same as in the video, Tula non-corrosive 148 gr. FMJ full power rounds. Target was at 150 yards.

First non-suppressed:

762-1-X2.jpg

and then suppressed:

762-2-X2.jpg

The point of impact is about an inch lower suppressed. I put the variance down to me as I think I was anticipating the recoil.

This is one of the best shooting Mosin's I've seen. The rifling is very sharp and the bolt locks up tight. I'd like to find some real quality ammo and stretch it out to 200-300 yards.

Top Bottom