• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fstock59

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    OK. so I want to start my NFA collection with a suppressed 22 pistol. Aside from the paperwork at the ATF cna anyone direct me to a good starting place. My local range and dealer are not class 3 licensed and when I asked for a suggestion they were not much help. I am in NWI.
    Thanks

Gunruner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I am a C3/C2 dealer. I have 22 cans in stock and demo units available. Stop by someday and we can show you what we have. If anything, you can get some info and a place to start.

mp40gunner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Rushville, Indiana
    I have at TAC 65 which I think is a great can. I also own Gemtech's, AAC's, and an SRT. They are all great, but the TAC65 can come apart for cleaning which IMHO is important in a 22 can.

Depending on where you are at, there is Rad Abernathy in Connersville and Dave Bane (MarColMar) in Richmond. I believe there is a Class 3 in Seymour and west side of Indy as well as Midwest Gun Exchange in Mishawaka. I'm sure there are others but these are just some that I know about.

Once you get it in your hands all the paperwork and waiting is quickly forgotten.

indybrad

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Indianapolis
    There is also the Thompson Machine Zephyr for a 22. I've got one on order so I havn't used one yet, but I've read goods things. They are a little cheaper also.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    The Walther P-22 comes with a threaded barel as does the Sig Mosquitto. It's easy to switch back and forth.

The one thing I like about the P-22 is even with high velocity rounds in it, you don't get a sonic crack. The Sig needs subsonic rounds to get the full potential.

I have a TAC 65 that I love. I got it from Ron at His and Her's Target Sports. Good luck!

Gunruner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NW Indiana
    There is also the Thompson Machine Zephyr for a 22. I've got one on order so I havn't used one yet, but I've read goods things. They are a little cheaper also.

Did you hear a live demo of this can? If you have, please let me know.

I had two of my customers want Thompson 9mm cans. So I ordered 3. They were cheap - $140 each.

One for each of them and one for stock. After testing all three, they were all about the same in quiting. The one I have left is not worth the paper that it was transfered on.

Cheaper done not equate to better. I now have a couple different cans that were inexpensive that I have to rack up to learning experence.

Good luck with your Zephyr

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...15-ar-build_-_sbr_-_zephyr_xl_suppressor.html

Did you hear a live demo of this can? If you have, please let me know.

I had two of my customers want Thompson 9mm cans. So I ordered 3. They were cheap - $140 each.

One for each of them and one for stock. After testing all three, they were all about the same in quiting. The one I have left is not worth the paper that it was transfered on.

Cheaper done not equate to better. I now have a couple different cans that were inexpensive that I have to rack up to learning experence.

Good luck with your Zephyr

Top Bottom