• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I have a Ruger Mk III that I bought just to suppress. My next purchase will be for a M&P 22 compact. I'm told they will shoot just about anything you feed them except maybe the CCI quiet rounds.

derrickgoins

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I have a Ruger MKIII 22/45 that I use with a Thompson Machine Zephyr. I've been able to feed cci, federal bulk, and federal match through it with no issues. I had some issues with Remington early on but I took the gun apart to install the Sam lam bushing and was able to more thoroughly clean the inside - haven't seen that issue since.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Don't forget, the Sig P250 Compact comes in .22LR, and you can then get a 9mm upper for it. Sig told me they're releasing a threaded barrel for it later in the year. It also has the barrel mounted low in the slide, so sighting won't be an issue.
    I picked up a PPQ 22 from Fort Liberty in Avon last week and an SR22 from a store at the 1500. I plan on getting out to the farm tomorrow and put some suppressed rounds through both. I'll keep an eye out for a Sig. I think it would round out the "Trainer Guns" I'm putting together.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I have a Ruger Mk III that I bought just to suppress. My next purchase will be for a M&P 22 compact. I'm told they will shoot just about anything you feed them except maybe the CCI quiet rounds.
    Look in this thread for a video of my recently acquired M&P 22. It's not a Compact but it shoots very well. I was shooting CCI Standard Velocity in the video with no problems. I shot some mixed stuff too without any problems. The only thing I put the CCI Quiets in are my bolt guns. Suppressed they sound softer than an air rifle.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    CCI Quiet rds are not made for any semi-auto.

Yup, bolt actions only. I've shot the pi$$ out of my Buckmark, and Quiets generally extract and eject but won't feed the next round. Happens maybe 10% of the time (and that's a big maybe), pretty much never back to back cycling either

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I picked up a PPQ 22 from Fort Liberty in Avon last week and an SR22 from a store at the 1500. I plan on getting out to the farm tomorrow and put some suppressed rounds through both. I'll keep an eye out for a Sig. I think it would round out the "Trainer Guns" I'm putting together.

Unfortunately, you probably will never just come across one in a fun shop. Between the first-gen P250 issues and bias against even its really great DAO trigger, there seems to be a spectacular lack of interest in what's turned out to be a great firearm. I had minor hiccups early on, but my P250-22 has settled into a great gun. I owe the board a review... Gotta get to that.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Unfortunately, you probably will never just come across one in a fun shop. Between the first-gen P250 issues and bias against even its really great DAO trigger, there seems to be a spectacular lack of interest in what's turned out to be a great firearm. I had minor hiccups early on, but my P250-22 has settled into a great gun. I owe the board a review... Gotta get to that.

Thanks for the heads up. That makes it even more attractive.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    In my experience, the MP22 is "the best". It feels and shoots like a normal M&P, and is easy to clean.

The Ruger is super quiet but a PITA to clean
    The ati 1911, looks cool, but a PITA to clean like a regular 1911 and dirties super quick.
    The sig mosquito has the worst trigger ever and the feed ramp has a lip that'll catch bullet tips. A Gemtech barrel or polishing the ramp fixes that.

Jigga

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Either the Ruger or the Browning Buckmark. I prefer the Buckmark as it's easier to clean.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I had a Walther P22 and after shooting my friends 22/45, I sold the P22 and bought one of those. I dropped a Volquartsen trigger in it and a Burris Fastfire on top. It's so much fun to shoot and the weight of the gun plus the can means the gun literally doesn't move on recoil. I want to get another "normal" style 22 again, maybe the M&P, but the 22/45 is a dream to shoot suppressed.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I had a Walther P22 and after shooting my friends 22/45, I sold the P22 and bought one of those. I dropped a Volquartsen trigger in it and a Burris Fastfire on top. It's so much fun to shoot and the weight of the gun plus the can means the gun literally doesn't move on recoil. I want to get another "normal" style 22 again, maybe the M&P, but the 22/45 is a dream to shoot suppressed.

I agree. I took the grand son and his brother out shooting for the first time last week. They loved the 22/45. It has a red dot on it so they were hitting steel with pretty much every shot. I have 4 .22LR hosts; PPQ 22, M&P 22, SR22 and 22/45 Lite. They liked all of them (they're 6 and 7 years old!) but they liked the 22/45 best. I also let them shoot my Ruger American Rimfire. It's bolt action with a bipod. They really liked it as it was like the sniper rifle from COD. :) They both had great trigger control and followed the 4 rules almost to the letter. Everything was suppressed so I think that helped with their first time a lot. As we were packing up they both asked when they could go again.

Top Bottom