'Super Congress': New legislative body was reason for the debt ceiling theatrics

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Unconstitutional

Debt Deal Establishes American Oligarchy

One only need to read the Constitution, understand the LEGAL definitions of the words therein and then digest the legalese contained within S. 365. The Bill specifically forbids any Amendments to all legislation drafted by the Super Congress thus violating to the letter, the Constitution's grant that "All Legislative Power", which includes the Amendment process resides with the whole of Congress, not a committee.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    12 people is still way too many. What we really need is just one guy calling the shots in order to streamline the process and get more done.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    12 people is still way too many. What we really need is just one guy calling the shots in order to streamline the process and get more done.

Now if only we could have a huge fire. I don't know where, but someplace like a legislative building would be ideal.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    All they do in Washington is sneak around to scheme, plot and plan to deceive us into thinking that they actually care about us. Their plans for us involve only the most efficient ways to separate us from the money that previous congresses have graciously allowed us to keep or at least have not been able to figure out legal ways to cause us to be separated from.. You had better think again if you really think that any of them genuinely care about you anything past your billfold. It is really concerning now, that the present bunch has essentially come right out in the open and displayed their contempt for the constitution. The whole debt ceiling thing was just one big scam and the American public was the victim.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    You take that back! Baboons are a lot more caring and civilised than congress. We'd be infinitely better off with a pack of baboons up there.

I know. I almost didn't even post that because I knew I would be insulting the baboons. But I changed my mind when I remembered that many long years ago I dated a baboon.

Johnson

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Indiana
    It may seen like a bad idea now. But I think its the only way to get anything drastic done, as sad as that is.

And we want this group of 12 to have the power to get drastic things done? Really? I'm utterly speechless that anyone would want that. Seriously.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Hell yeah. If the heads of both parties wanted it, I'd support them. The real world requires us to compromise our principles. At least we'd still be the free-est dictatorship in the world. :patriot:

:rolleyes: It's not so much what the parties would support. It's what WE THE PEOPLE expect and demand from "our" representatives. ;) (And that is a return to a REPUBLIC.) :patriot:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Super Congress A Gift to K Street | Ron Paul

Make no mistake - I am enthusiastically for cutting government spending. The goal should be to eventually reduce government down to the size and scope of its constitutional limitations. However, the process of getting there must also be constitutional. Concentrating such special authority to fast track legislation affecting so many special interests to a small, select committee is nothing more than an unprecedented power grab. Only fears of an impending catastrophe could have motivated Members to allow this legislation to be rushed through Congress. The founding fathers had strong feelings about taxation without representation and under no circumstances would they have felt excluding 98% of Congress from fiscal decisions was appropriate. I see nothing good coming out of this Super Congress. I suspect it will be highly vulnerable to corruption and special interests. No benefit can come from such careless disregard of the Founders' design.

Top Bottom