• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    State Senator Ron Alting (R-Lafayette) is sponsoring a House bill that will permit Sunday carry out sales from Indiana distilleries akin to Sunday carry out beer sales in Indiana. Alting suggested an amendment to limit sales to one half case per transaction. Vote expected next week.

Video from WLFI, TV-18, West Lafayette:

Indiana could soon be selling hard liquor on Sundays | wlfi.com

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I will NEVER spend another dime of my money in Indiana! If they can't respect my 21st Amendment rights, they don't deserve my money there! Next thing you know, you wont' be allowed to buy a gun or even a car on Sunday.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    More nonsense from the stupid party. If they would just pass Sunday sales this whole thing would go away, but the fear of the liquor store lobby panics them. They should grow a set and put on their big boy pants.

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I'm not sure what this actually has to do with the general public. From here it looks like a squabble between the liquor stores and grocery stores, with craft brewers (and now distillers) picking the carcasses.

On the other hand, if the net effect is to direct cash to Indiana craft brewers, I do like that. Just not enough to see why a commercial transaction is any of the government's business just because of the day of the week it takes place on.

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    They always have to keep screwing with my Sunday Funday.

At least you can still make guac like ¡JEB!

D2mF1HH.jpg

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    More nonsense from the stupid party. If they would just pass Sunday sales this whole thing would go away, but the fear of the liquor store lobby panics them. They should grow a set and put on their big boy pants.

Magical thinking has not worked in the past and did not work this session.

Shooting another hole in the boat is what is needed. It's practical, effective, but not so INGO.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Magical thinking has not worked in the past and did not work this session.

Shooting another hole in the boat is what is needed. It's practical, effective, but not so INGO.

Are you implying that if we cannot get the mile we don't take an inch? Moving in the right direction with small baby steps???:rolleyes: What ARE you thinking?:scratch:

Heaven Forbid, what a dreadful idea!!! Don't you know that we must get everything we want RIGHT THE F NOW, or if we don't we will stand in the corner and gnash our teeth and scream,:tantrum: 'cause that works...

Doug

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Are you implying that if we cannot get the mile we don't take an inch? Moving in the right direction with small baby steps???:rolleyes: What ARE you thinking?:scratch:

Heaven Forbid, what a dreadful idea!!! Don't you know that we must get everything we want RIGHT THE F NOW, or if we don't we will stand in the corner and gnash our teeth and scream,:tantrum: 'cause that works...

Doug

Kicking the back of the seat, tantrums and threats of hitting people with sticks are the INGO way, but they are rarely effective.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland

It's a stupid law, but the stupidity is bipartisan.
    Or did you forget about all the opportunities that your precious Dems had, without even trying?
    At least the Republicans brought full repeal up for a vote two years ago, even though it (obviously) failed.
    The Dems never got anywhere near that close.

Top Bottom