• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johncarbaugh

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Logansport
    G26 for ammo and mag consolidation.:twocents: I did the same with .40. The G27 was not as bad to shoot as I had expected. I just wrap my pinkie around the bottom of the mag and it is all good.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    G26 :rockwoot::rockwoot:

My EDC is a G27 because I already had a G23. Since you already have the G19 I would go with the G26. Same ammo, share mags, same trigger you are used to, etc... The G26 is a great gun

dpzj96

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    ECI
    As I have a 27, I am a little partial to that. But since you already have a 19, a 26 would make the most sense to me so you can share mags and ammo. :twocents:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    A subcompact 1911 would be awesome, but it leads to the same issue as the Glock 27. Basically one more cartridge in your inventory. Liek somebody mentioned if you are looking for something that is easier to conceal the gun needs to have a shorter grip and be thinner in profile.

I really liked shooting the XDsc, but it is still thick and blocky. The Glock 26/27 is a joy to carry, but again the same width as your G19. But between the two I would choose the Glock. Not because it is that much better, but because you are already familiar with the platform.

Good news is there are a lot of nice thin 9mm options available, many of which have been listed. Kahr PM9, Ruger LCP9, Taurus 709 slim, PF9 to name just a few.

armymp15

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    I liked my Keltec PF9 a lot. I was kinda standoffish at first when I got it. When I talked to a few people they explained to me it is a get the f*#k off me gun. It is not meant to take to the range and target shoot every weekend. And they are very compact and accurate. I would say half our local PD has changed to it for there bug.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    The G26 is just as fat as the 19, if you want something slimmer IWB then get a single stack gun. G26 in an ankle rig works though, but that is a much different training routine.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    The logical choice from what you've listed is the G26, for all the reasons already given.

The (probably) smallest (biggest criteria in your decision?) is the PF9.

The "if I could get some more funds" choice would be the PM9.

The "I'd really like to put some lead into my target" choice would be the G27! :rockwoot:

Guess which one I picked!!! :D

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Well, for slimness, if you're OK with the 9mm, you could either check out a Sig P6/225, or a Ruger SR9 or SR9C, the Sig is single stack, the Ruger is a double stack...

Or, the carry gun I was really checking out before I picked up a P6, check out the Stoeger Cougar, comes in 9, .40, and .45, usees Beretta tooling sent to their subsidiary in Turkey, fir and quality are just as good, I've read finish is one step below an Italian Beretta.

All of these can be found around the 400 mark depending where you look...

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    I would probably go with the G26 for reasons stated above. If I was going away from the Glock platform, I would take a hard look at the Beretta PX4 Storm SC. It is a great shooter and impresses me more every time I take it to the range. I like my Glocks but have been carrying the Beretta for the last few months.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Thanks for all the info guys. Ill update this thread when/if I make my decision around april 17th. :) have a good one!

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I agree, if you dont go with the 26 then you should check out the kahr cw. Nice reliable gun for a fair price.

Since it looks like you are completely undecided, I too will recommend the Kahr CW series. They can be had for $400, give or take a few bucks, new-in-box. They are thin, light weight and a breeze to carry.

Mrmonte

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indy South Side
    You really cant go wrong with a S&W J frame revolver when you want a deep concealment piece. I choose to carry a 638 because it does not have an exposed hammer. Its not a bullet hose but a good option to toss in your pocket before you walk out the door. :twocents:

Top Bottom