• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I didn't realize when I registered with INGO it was asking for my username first and now i'm stuck with my real name... again. I checked with the FAQs and it says a username change is only allowed under extreme circumstances.
    PM a mod about getting the process started. IIRC, forum member IBTL used his email address as his username when he first joined, and it only took a few days to get straightened out.

Last edited:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    IIRC, forum member IBTL used his email address as his username when he first joined

You mean topgunbobby@hotmail.com? :): He actually created a new account (IBTL) before we were able to get his user name changed, so we just let it go.

I have sent a PM to Robert regarding his situation.

Counselor1977

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    I think you may have a bigger concern of how the high temperatures would affect the ammo more than a concern of how it would effect the firearm.

The safe idea is a good on. Storage areas for the same in the trunk may not be a bad idea either. Just my 2 cents.

Sanguine Samurai

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Indiana
    WOW! My anxieties about leaving my gun in my hot car are melting away... so to speak ;)
    I could put the safe in the trunk, but then I think I would risk flashing my gun in the parking lot at work. I drive a 2000 Toyota Celica and it's a hatch back so putting something in the trunk is only going to slow a determined thief down a little.

Thanks for the welcome UncleMike!

Last edited:

Goosepond Monster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    Ellettsville
    This is all good info. I was asking a friend about this last night. I figured there wouldn't be any issues as far as the gun goes, but I was concerned about the heat and how it might affect the ammo.

Boz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Muncie
    Leaving a gun in a car in direct sunlight in a car (like leaving it on the seat - I don't personally know anyone foolish enough to do this) would be worse than leaving it in a glovebox where there is no direct sunlight. However, as one poster said, any quality gun should be able to stand up to a substantial amount of heat. Rapid firing 4 mags in a row likely will cause more heat than leaving your piece in a glovebox.

Top Bottom