• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I don't get the idea of a "summer carry" gun, I carry the same guns year round...just in the summer I don't drop an extra 38 snub in a coat pocket. I regularly carry an N-Frame 2 1/2 in in an OWB holster btw...not a small gun by any means. Just have to dress to carry is all. Of course if you want to wear tight t-shirts and nothing else then carrying any gun on the belt will be a problem. I get by with camp shirts and polos in the summer.

I would think a PF-9 in an IWB holster would be as unobtrusive as it could get. That or go to a 442 in a pocket.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I don't get the idea of a "summer carry" gun, I carry the same guns year round... Just have to dress to carry is all.

Ditto and +1.

Additionally, most studies indicate violent crime increases during the warm months. So, the whole concept of a "summer gun" indicates a desire to downsize one's defense at the same time the probability of needing it seasonally increases. Nice.

KEHO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Noblesville
    There could be a happy medium for you between a double stack IWB and a pocket gun.

Try a single stack in an IWB holster, or better yet, in a belly band holster. My clothing requirement for work requires tucked in polo shirts and I comfortably carry a Kahr CW9 with 2 additional mags in a belly-band holster (appendix carry) with no printing issues.

I have nothing against pocket guns, as I often have a Kel-Tec P32 with me, but I thought I would throw out a couple more options for you.

Good luck on the search!

malachi_s

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 30, 2010
    North Central Indian
    For me personally I find I can carry my LCP when other circumstances would prevent me from carrying at all. It's the same story of how a smaller caliber in your pocket beats the .40 in the car or at home everytime. I understand both sides of the arguement though. Detonics has a good point of carrying the same weapon all year round but sometimes the attention a larger frame weapon brings is just something I try to avoid in certain establishments.

woodie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2010
    I was wondering the same thing. I'm a smaller guy and have a snub .357. I was thinking about getting the Ruger LCP for the same reason.

jojoa55

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Evansville
    thanks everyone for the great replies. I'm planning on doing some serious shopping this weekend. i'd like to try and at least hold several of the models you all mentioned as well as shooting as many as i can before i decide on something. I'll keep everyone posted though. thanks again :)

nahfuten

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Zionsville
    I'm a skinny guy and carry a Glock 26 in a Crossbreed Supertuck most of the time. When summer clothes make that setup hard, I drop my LCP in a DeSantis Nemesis in my pocket. This combo lets me carry 100% of the time.

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    Here is a picture of how i have my MTAC adjusted for my P30. It is larger than a G26 and it does not print unless wearing to tight of a T-shirt, even tucked in with a dress shirt it doesnt print. As already said a little foward cant does wonders.

5wa0xx.jpg

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I'm with many of the crowd. A G26 should be carriable in most circumstances. That said, I very often have a little Kel Tec in my pocket, and often as not without even a pocket holster. They just disappear. So the old .32/.380 in the pocket beating a .40 at home is very true for me.... Good luck finding what works for you.

jojoa55

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Evansville
    thanks everyone for your replies. based on what i'm hearing i think i have it narrowed down to either a keltec/lcp .380 or a s&W442/642. I was also going to ask those of you that carry with an MTAC, what o'clock on the belt do you carry it at?

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    thanks scutter, i haven't messed much with the cant angle at all yet, just been wearing it as it came from comp-tac. maybe that's my problem lol

THAT is your problem. Adjust your cant forward and the gun will disappear.

Now that said don't let go of a perfectly good excuse to buy another gun :):. You can NEVER have to many guns. :D

jojoa55

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Evansville
    THAT is your problem. Adjust your cant forward and the gun will disappear.

Now that said don't let go of a perfectly good excuse to buy another gun :):. You can NEVER have to many guns. :D
    my thoughts exactly! i still wanna pick up another gun anyway lol but adjusting the cant has helped a lot. i still think having a little pocket gun would be fun and nice to have for thos times when IWB may not be possible. thanks for everyone's help!

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.6%
    41   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Bersa Thunder .380 ! Inexpensive AND functional. It makes a great .380 carry gun. It's not quite a pocket gun, but it is nice and small. Shorts and a t-shirt, no problem. My other carry gun is an XD 9, and the Bersa is much smaller and more comfortable.

Tripwire25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Glock 27 with standard 9rd mag. Appendix carried in small kydex IWB holster. When I can get away with it and weather / clothing allow, my 23.

Top Bottom