• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jojoa55

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Evansville
    Hey all, I was just wondering if you all could give me some input on a good firearm suited for summer carry. I currently carry a glock 26 in an MTAC IWB but the way i'm built makes it print in the summertime. I would prefer something that can be pocket carried, but I'm open to options. I welcome the experience and opinions on this site. Thanks for your help

jojoa55

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Evansville
    i'm between .380 and 9mm on caliber. I have looked at the LCP and P3AT, but I also like the PM9 from Kahr, just not sure if i want to spend the extra money on the Kahr right now. Scutter01, thanks for the link! i'll check it out and see if there is anything i can do to help. I appreciate it.

browncat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    Hey all, I was just wondering if you all could give me some input on a good firearm suited for summer carry. I currently carry a glock 26 in an MTAC IWB but the way i'm built makes it print in the summertime. I would prefer something that can be pocket carried, but I'm open to options. I welcome the experience and opinions on this site. Thanks for your help

Check a Kel Tec pf9 only .88" thin! also a small print and shoots 9mm (7+1).

I carry this pistol inside an Uncle Mike inside a pair of shorts (don't forget a belt) and wear a t-shirt on top, none can see it, and soon you forget you carry it, mind you I am not trying to make you buy one, but a serious tool to consider
    p1010154.jpg

The sights on this one are modified from three dot to the glow-on.com version here:
    p1010153.jpg

jojoa55

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Evansville
    also forgot to mention, i do wear a size larger pants with my IWB, but i haven't had the MTAC that long so i'm still trying to figure out the best position for me.

wwdkd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Valparaiso
    You could pocket carry a Ruger LCP or Sig P232. The Ruger would be smaller and lighter but the Sig will be much more pleasant to shoot, trust me I know. I have both :D .

Also, another choice if you wanted to stick to 9mm would be a Kahr PM9.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    also forgot to mention, i do wear a size larger pants with my IWB, but i haven't had the MTAC that long so i'm still trying to figure out the best position for me.

You might also try changing the cant of the holster. I canted mine forward one notch and it suddenly became way more comfortable.

jojoa55

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Evansville
    snake eater what do you think of the P3AT? I fondled one the other day as well as the LCP. both nice little guns! Do you find it worth going with something that small in the summer?

jojoa55

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Evansville
    thanks scutter, i haven't messed much with the cant angle at all yet, just been wearing it as it came from comp-tac. maybe that's my problem lol

jojoa55

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Evansville
    Hey Hickman, thanks for your post. I don't have much experience with revolvers, but i'm definitely open to looking at them. I have kind of a stupid question for you though, the other day a guy showed me a S&W 642 that was a .38spec. whats the difference between that one and the 442? thanks and pardon my ignorance with revolvers

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Kahr PM9, easy to conceal any way you want to carry it.

I pocket carry in a DeSantis, OWB in a Bianchi Shadow II, and in a mini slide between the pants and belt for even better concealment.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    summer is a time for OC.

as others have noted, a j-frame is good. I have a Taurus 709 slim that has worked out great. normally i just cover my Glock 26 with a t-shirt and go.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Nothing wrong with having a pocket gun. They come in really handy for more than just summer too. Great for deap concealment year round. Many great suggestions so far and all should do the job just fine. Just up to you to decide which works best for you. I have a Keltec that I carry in my pocket and love it. Good luck with your decision. :ingo:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I love a J-frame in a pocket holster or IWB just behind my hip bone.

Even with just a T-shirt it conceals on me very well. (I'm almost 6'4" and 250lbs...I can conceal a lot if properly equipped)

-J-

Top Bottom