• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    The official autopsy report is in on the guy in Valpo that held several people hostage at the inusrance company last week. It states that the official means of death is suicide, with two bullets to the head.

While I won't question the accuracy of the report I am really wondering how someone can put two bullets in their head. What would be the mechanicals of this?

I can maybe see a grazing wound from a flinch on the first shot... but even that seems like it would take a super-willed guy who would then turn around through the pain and put another bullet, better placed this time, in the noggin.

Any one want to take a stab at this?

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    I originally heard about.this on WIBC and they said 3 shots, which would be a weird suicide. Even 2 bullets is strange in my opinion, but I guess its possible to get two shots off. Or was it assisted suicide.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    It happens even if CNS shot--gun doubles, gun fires again as body falls because of trigger reset, depends on angle of the weapon, altered state of mind, many factors in the stew.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I'm not a medical expert, but from what I do know it's the severring of the Medula or the cerebellum which result in an instant stop because it prevents all signals from the rest of the body. Consider that and the fact that those areas are very small parts of the brain, I think it is certainly feasible that only one round may have not struck those areas and the body could still function.

Depicted by this photo
    The Cerebellum
    OR

It is also feasible that he intended to pull the trigger twice from the start and that "double tap signal" was sent through the body before the incapacitating round impacted. Similar concept to a body still twitching after death and the brain is still "sending signals." :dunno:

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    simple....

Double-Barrel-1911-1.jpg

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Meriwether Lewis, of Lewis and Clark fame was found dead on the Natchez Trace and the one witness said, "He had shot himself in the chest, reloaded and shot himself in the stomach, and was in the process of cutting his throat." when she came in on his suicide attempt.:rolleyes:

762Mike

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    I have read nothing about the incident, but if you were using something such as an unmodified automatic M11 you could probably spray yourself with quite a few. (they fire extremely fast)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Once where I was working a guy across the street dying of cancer shot himself twice in the head with a .357, I heard the shots, The sheriff said later that it's not that uncommon. He told us that a brain shot occasionally causes violent jerking of the extremities resulting in multiple shots. he had saw it before. Of course we thought that his wife had to make sure that he hadn't suffered. she wasn't very upset and it looked strange

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    A number of years ago, a death in Hobart or Lake station was ruled a suicide. He had 32 places in his skull that were fractured from a ball pein hammer. I never believed that one either.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    A number of years ago, a death in Hobart or Lake station was ruled a suicide. He had 32 places in his skull that were fractured from a ball pein hammer. I never believed that one either.

I remember this story as well.
    I remember hearing about the original post as well, both 2 and 3 shots. Really? even during the autopsy they don't know the number of shots? They need to start firing people. Not sure Im believing it either, although I have seen some strange things in my life, so Im not putting it as unbelievable, just highly skeptical of

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Ive seen it a few times. One old lady wanted to end it all and put 3 in her head. The gun jammed while ejecting the third shell otherwise she may have gone more.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    There ARE plenty of people walking around that A) either have a bullet still in their brain or B) have survived surgery to remove a bullet from their brain.

It's not at all difficult to figure out that either A) the initial shot didn't do the job the guy intended, or B) involuntary contraction of a hand fired the gun again.

As was said above, unless you destroy the cerebellum and/or spinal cord, chances of an involuntary contraction are highly likely. Ever wonder why police "snipers" aim for certain spots - especially on gun-wielding suspects? Because if they have to shoot, they don't want any involuntary contractions setting the guy's gun off into a hostage or a cop. Hit the sweet spot and suspect is DRT - no contractions at all.

No conspiracy here, folks. Move along.

-J-

Top Bottom