• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Any tips on a nice folding knife in the $50 or less price range? I know that is probably pretty cheap to most, but I am on a kind of tight budget. I know there are alot of knives out there, but just wondering if anyone had any specific suggestions? Only requirement is that it has a pocket clip.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    Any tips on a nice folding knife in the $50 or less price range? I know that is probably pretty cheap to most, but I am on a kind of tight budget. I know there are alot of knives out there, but just wondering if anyone had any specific suggestions? Only requirement is that it has a pocket clip.

i think, around the INGO forum, $50 is about a glass ceiling for most on buying a knife. we have the occasional crazy who buys those expensive knives, but most are more than happy with a $50 knife. my suggestions for knives running under $50 follow. i will just list companies, as everyone has different tastes and likes different things. but all of the following have knives at or below $50, with multipule knives in that catagory.

Kershaw
    Columbia River Knife and Tool
    Benchmade
    Bladetech (the prolite hunter is right at $50 i believe)
    Spyderco

i would AVOID like the PLAGUE companies such as these: Cold Steal, Smith and Wesson (not the company, but the branded knives), Colt (same as before), any no name gas station knife, any no name gun show knife, any knife which gets offered to you for $50 or under that ISN'T in the 4 companies i mentioned above. i may be missing a few, and if you find something and its not in the list above, ask. we will more than happily give you a thumbs up or down.

good luck!

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    i would say the above is a pretty good list just a different order for me and i also think cold steel's are solid knives. i have one in my garage which isn't heated and used it a ton its still sharp no rust and still locking up tight. i tend to spend a bit more on knives but i like knives like i like guns i just think they are awesome. my list would be in order

spyderco
    kershaw/benchmade- either option is a good one
    here is one of my current edc options its a kershaw/ken onion design and a great knife holds its edge very well
    KERSHAW 1670TBLKST K.O. Tactical Blur, Black Handle, Black Tanto Blade, ComboEd KNIVES CUTLERY HOME GOODS

also you can pick the above kershaw up at walmart too.

then ckr&t/ and cold steel

i have heard good things about bladetec but haven't actually played w/ one.

look around on alot of gun forums and you will find ppl selling lots of nice knives for a solid price.

Last edited:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    we have the occasional crazy who buys those expensive knives, but most are more than happy with a $50 knife.

I'm not crazy...

crazy-face.jpg

I bought an SOG Trident and love it...Yea, it cost me a crazy $85 at a 1500 show, but I think it is well worth it.
    SOG Specialty Knives & Tools - Trident (TigerStripe)

Big 30

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Michigan
    Kershaw Leek
    Nice light weight lightning fast one hand op.
    Comes is all colors with the best finish in the business.
    Also Guaranteed Razor sharp.
    I have a few of them in different steels. They are very strong knife and for the money nothing touches them.
    Here is the Rainbow.

Noz%20sk%B3adany%20Kershaw%20Rainbow%20Leek%20%281660VIB%29.jpg

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    I'm not crazy...

crazy-face.jpg

I bought an SOG Trident and love it...Yea, it cost me a crazy $85 at a 1500 show, but I think it is well worth it.
    SOG Specialty Knives & Tools - Trident (TigerStripe)

I think someone posted a thread about them being cheaper than that at Dick's, I own two and both have served me well. I would highly recommend a spydeco though, all of their knives I have owned have come razor sharp and done well to stay that way.

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    Top Bottom