• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DIRTROAD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Xtreme bullets 115gr 4.2-4.4 bullseye fields in rushville always has bullseye and tite group power and primers

DestructionDan

Marksman
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    IN KY
    I run about the same as DirtRoad.
    X-Treme 115gr thick plated bullets with Bullseye 4.2gr Right now 1.110 OAL But still playing with what works best in the G17 and Sub2k
    You don't want to mess with lead just starting out. I cleaned my barrels a few times before I sold all the lead crap and ordered plated.
    Berrys are ok but X-Treme are better, cheaper and almost always instock.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Xtreme 9mm plated 115. 4.6 grains of win231. is one I like and I also use titegroup, Clays, Bullseye and Unique. I add those others since I don't always find what I like best these days and while I had stocked up before all of this, I went through it faster than I thought I would so I am back to building myself back up.

Thankfully I can find the primers I like to use all the time now, Winchester. Wal-Mart seems to be able to keep them in stock well enough and the price isn't outrageous either.

I tend to carry factory SD rounds. Aways have and I won't get that one started here. It's just how I do things. They are also made with bullets I can't buy and I like the way theose bullets perform better than those I have available to me as a reloader.

I cast much of my own bullets for plinking though I do buy some plated as well as cast bullets. I get cast bullets from Indiana Bullet Co. They had a lot of trouble starting up, excess lube and a few batched of soft alloy but they were new and they made good on everything. They are nice guys and easy to deal with and I prefer to do business as close to home as possible.

Last edited:

pamchuck

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    Lanesville
    I'll also say that I like Titegroup for reloading my 9mm. It is hard to find sometimes, but it's out there. I also have 6-7 pounds of the old AL-7 if anyone remembers that powder, it does good for plinking with my son at the range.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    ive loaded a ton of berrys bullets 115 grain with w231 4.3-4.4 grains perfect plinker and very accurate out of

my shield, multiple xdm's and my wife's p938

DialTone301

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    East Central IL
    Been using Berry's 124 gr HBRN TP and Zero 125 gr JHP with 4.3 gr of HP-38 all year. I load them to the chamber of the daughters CZ Shadow and they work fine in my M&P. The Zero's work great for bowling pin matches and we use the Berry's for everything else.

Top Bottom