• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    When I was looking for a ccw I was looking for the exact same things you are now.. Now we know a Glock will not work if you want the external safety. I bought a Taurus PT111 Millenium and could not be happier. It has the external safety it is very very light and it holds 12+1.. Mine came very accurate out of the box but just incase it does not, it does have adjustable sights. I will probably be putting some Trijicon night sights on mine.. Other than that it will stay exacty how it came in the box... It comes with 2 12 round mags a cleaning rod and keys to lock the pistol totaly out if you want to.. I paid $350. I think that is very inexpensive for a very reliable acurate compact that will go bang everytime you pull the trigger.

+1 for the Taurus. I have the pt145 and love it.

INRanger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2009
    I picked up a Beretta Px4 storm 9mm for a price I couldn't pass up. I'm not normally big on 9mm(not the whole 9mm vs 45 debacle just personal preference) but I love this thing. 3 17 round mags and 2 20's thats a whole lot of bang. The Px4 is a tack driver with very little felt recoil even for a 9. I bought it used and have around 8-850rnds through it with absolutely no issues. It's a real pleasure to carry and easy to conceal. for what its worth.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    +1 for the PM9. I just recently got one and really like it so far. It is becoming my daily carry over my XD9sc and FOR ME carries great in my front pocket with the right pocket holster.

causerofwait

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    p-01

I guess I'll be the first to recommend the CZ 75 P-01 (or 75 D Compact PCR). I just picked up one for me and my wife. I love it and so does she. It's my first handgun and first carry piece. I held Glocks (didn't feel right), M&P's (felt good), XDm full-size and compact (felt good) but still thought that something should feel great. All the compacts were too short in the grip for me, my pinky finger dangled off the base. I had read a lot about the cz's and was convinced of their safety, reliability and accuracy. I had a chance to shoot one and it made my decision very easy. It felt great in the hand and shooting it was comfortable and fun. It's not the lightest or the smallest compact out there but it seemed like it would be comfortable to carry, a lot of people do. It has a decocker but no external safety which I prefer and a 14+1 capacity. At least give it a look, if you are patient and get lucky, you can get NIB for under $500. Good luck! I just went through this in the last few weeks, now I have a holster on order and my license should be here soon!
    Have fun!

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Let's just save time and list every 9mm handgun the size of a G19 and smaller. That's usually what these threads end up doing.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    HK USP Compact in 357sig is my personal favorite. A little pricey but you can find a good deal/used once in a while. The HK has a decocker/safely system that is great. For a little less punch a Sig Sauer 239 in 9MM is a bit narrower but only single stack and still a decocker safety system. Take a minute to look into the decocker systems. If they are good enough for the US SOFCOM Special Forces then I guess they are good enough for me.

My $.02 for what its worth.

versuchstier147

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Indiana
    Walther PPK

Can't think of anything better as a "hide a way" 9mm.

No decocker, though. Just the typical German safty that's difficult to operate in a hurry.

CoyoteCreekGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    New Palestine, IN
    Go for the Best of both Reliability, Price, Taurus 24/7 Pro CDS in 9mm. I have one and they are spectacular!

pix75370281.jpg

pix75370625.jpg

Oh, and it can be had for under $400.00

My :twocents:

cklein6576

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2009
    South Bend, Worst. Mayor. Ever.
    Thanks Again All.

Okay so I think I have narrowed it down to a glock 26 (i know i know, but its a platform i know already) the Taurus 24/7 Pro, or that mp compact. If I can find a good price around the area i'll snap one up, if not we'll see you at the 1500!

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    You can get a new M&P 9c from Bob at Plainfield Shooting Supplies for $529 I believe. Smith and Wesson is also doing the "Load Up" promotion right now in which you can get two free extra mags. Here is the link if you go that route.

Load-Up Offer - Smith & Wesson

If I'm not mistaken, there is a guy in the classifies selling a nearly new 9c as well. I absolutely love my 9c.

cklein6576

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2009
    South Bend, Worst. Mayor. Ever.
    quote=WestSider;331478]You can get a new M&P 9c from Bob at Plainfield Shooting Supplies for $529 I believe. Smith and Wesson is also doing the "Load Up" promotion right now in which you can get two free extra mags. Here is the link if you go that route.

Load-Up Offer - Smith & Wesson

If I'm not mistaken, there is a guy in the classifies selling a nearly new 9c as well. I absolutely love my 9c.[/quote]

And thats why this site is awesome!

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    I do not carry a M&P 9c, but I do carry it's twin, the 40c and love it. I also like and have shot the Taurus Mil Pro / 24/7 line and like them alright, but I really love the S&W best of all for my needs. Great lifetime warranty too, and though Taurus has that also you will find plenty of complaints on that which give me pause.

I have decent size hands, but I put on the smallest backstrap on the M&P and it feels perfect for carry, though I expected to use the medium or large. Really changes how it feels to me and I like the thinnest feel on this one.

Mikeh82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    To hell with all these guns.. Just get a 15 foot flame thrower.. Noone will mess with ya..

Top Bottom