• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cklein6576

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2009
    South Bend, Worst. Mayor. Ever.
    Picked up a regular ruger mark 1 made in 1962 for a little over a bill at midwest. The inside was so dirty it made mud when I shot cleaner inside. Took it out yesterday, and... I need to practice more.

I still am not sure how many matches I can make it to, so I didnt want to spend 300 bucks on a pistol that I would not carry.

Im looking forward to practicing with something cheap to shoot!

Rafterman

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Good luck with your Ruger. They are good guns and can be made more accurate with after M parts.
    I have always wanted a Beretta 82 Target and a
    Smith&Wesson model 41. $$$$

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    I have a Ruger Mar 1 (1965) that I take to the range. It likes the round nose ammo best, but it shoots straight and cheap. I had to replace the mag, but otherwise it has been a dependable target pistol.. Have fun.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Picked up a regular ruger mark 1 made in 1962 for a little over a bill at midwest. The inside was so dirty it made mud when I shot cleaner inside. Took it out yesterday, and... I need to practice more.

I still am not sure how many matches I can make it to, so I didnt want to spend 300 bucks on a pistol that I would not carry.

Im looking forward to practicing with something cheap to shoot!

Sounds like a good choice and good deal! The good thing about the Ruger .22 pistols, is that there are a lot of places that can upgrade the trigger, barrel, and sights if you really get into NRA bullseye pistol shooting.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    No question.
    Sig 226 or 229 two step .22. They feed like a champ, (something the mosquito can't say...) and they're upgradable to 9, .40, or sig.357 for about 350.00 more. and though they're more than a used buckmark or ruger, you can get one for the low 400's if you keep an eye on gunbroker and auctionarms... plus, they're wicked accurate, and just plain fun! And who wouldn't like to own a real sig in two calibers for 750-800 $ or so?

:ar15:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom