• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SANDART70

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Avon
    My next purchase will be a subcompact ccw pistol, I am down to 3.
    Glock 27
    Kahr CM40
    S&W sheild 40

Anyone suggest one over another?

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    I have been thinking about the same thing. I like both the Glock and the Kahr, I have also looked into the Springfield and Ruger. Problem is, I do not know which one I want either, I am almost at the point where I am going to buy one of each, then the problem is solved!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have a Glock 27 and like it alot (I also have a 23 so I can share mags/holsters). If I had it to do over though, I'd probably consider a 26/19 combination. Have you shot a 40 in that size gun before? Are you already invested in .40 caliber? How do you intend to carry it?

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    The Kahr is an acquired taste. I like it a lot. But, you have to break them in. The recoil spring is a stiff b***ch! That being said, I've owned the Kahr and the Glock....and I still own the Kahr.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I don't mean to throw a wrech into your plans, and I dunno how set you are on those 3, but have you looked at the Springfield XD? It's a really nice weapon, I have the subcompact in 9mm and I love it! Sorry if you've already looked at it, but I thought it was worth mentioning!

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    I would throw the Nano in there as well. I've had the 26, PM9, and the Nano and i'm down to the Nano. I know they are 9's but the 40's dimensions are the same.

SANDART70

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Avon
    Im not necessarily totally invested in .40cal my wife carrys a cw9 and I have a FNX40
    so either would do. I intend on concealing inside my right side or backside.

SANDART70

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Avon
    I agree with the Kahr being an aquired taste the more I shoot my wifes cw9 the more I like the flavor. I have also looked into the PM9 or 40 alittle xtra $$

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I have also considered the springfield xd. Im just curious about the recoil having a higher bore axis.

The recoil on my XD is what I would call negligible. They did a very good job with the design, as I don't notice the recoil anymore than I do on a Glock 19. Very quick and easy to get back on target.

bigbang

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    I have a Glock 27 and like it alot (I also have a 23 so I can share mags/holsters). If I had it to do over though, I'd probably consider a 26/19 combination. Have you shot a 40 in that size gun before? Are you already invested in .40 caliber? How do you intend to carry it?

This. the 26 is much more managable. That said, my "little gun" is now a CM9.
    Still have Glocks, but they are 19 and 23, not really that much larger than the 26/27.
    What manatee said as well about the Kahrs. Liking mine so far though.

CAT 1000B

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    I personally love the Glock 27 and the Shield 40. I am not a fan of Kahr handguns due to some magazine issues I was having and when I contacted Kahr about it, they acted as if they didn't want to bother themselves with my problem.

JB357Mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Yea!
    I don't mean to throw a wrech into your plans, and I dunno how set you are on those 3, but have you looked at the Springfield XD? It's a really nice weapon, I have the subcompact in 9mm and I love it! Sorry if you've already looked at it, but I thought it was worth mentioning!

Yes me too, shoots great, no problems.

Jimmy

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I would HIGHLY recommend a Smith and Wesson M&P .40 compact. I am a gun dealer in Denver and have shot or owned every firearm mentioned in this thread so far, and I am a very strong supporter of Glocks and M&P's. My current daily primary carry or backup carry is the M&P 40c. Handles the recoil well, ultra reliable and priced well. I wish I could get more in stock. I do not feel the loss of capacity of the .40 Shield is worth the size difference from the compact.

Edit: I pocket carry it as well with a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster, part# N38BJE1Z0

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I just picked up a Beretta Px4 subcompact today. Haven't had an opportunity to shoot it yet but I'm really liking the way it looks. Feels great in the hand and if the weather is nice tomorrow I will go out and blow through a couple of mags. I also have a Glock 19 and this just may replace it as my goto gun.

Dj15802

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Avon, IN
    I love my Glock 27. It fits good either OWB or IWB depending on the clothing I'm wearing. The main plus is the consistantly light trigger pull.

Top Bottom