• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    I got my 9mm first(SCCY CPX2) and 2 weeks ago I picked up a Ruger, 22/45 target. I applied for my CCW on Jan 25, L1, any day now, I hope.

Beardown

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Southern Indy
    I started with a 22. I'm very happy I did. I shot it all the time and was able to learn how to shoot for fairly cheap. It's made me a better shooter for all calibers.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    :scratch: Where do you live?

Pluto? :dunno:

Get the Buckmark for sure, they are a lot of fun.

:+1: on the Browning Buckmark. I have an identical (not matched, but close) and I prefer the grip, etc. much better than the Ruger, though I can't knock the Ruger. The Browning was just a better 'fit'.

For the OP - I think you answered your own question. Get the 9mm. Practice ammo isn't a LOT more expensive than .22 LR (at least not right NOW!!), but you're buying a true 'defensive' pistol as well as a practice piece.

If you're considering a Kel-Tec PF9, at least take a good look at the P11. It's about the same size (<.25" in every direction) and with the optional mags (which fit flush, as the standard mags do) you get 12+1 with the P11, instead of 7+1, almost double the capacity.

Know plenty of people that own them, myself included, and have had but ONE issue (FTF. Ammo? Not sure) out of the bunch of 'em over the last (approx.) 5 years and thousands and thousands of rounds.

JMO.

rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    I'm in week #7 of my wait for LTCH. I check my mailbox every day, hoping to find it lying there waiting for me. Instead, I find bills and junk-mail. It'll come, I'm sure.

As someone else said, unless you did electronic fingerprints, you're going to be waiting a while. If you did electronic prints you may get it in a week or two, but if you did paper prints, think 14-16 weeks total. I got mine in early Feb after waiting 14 1/2 weeks. I don't know what it's like now. At that time, electronic was 7-8 weeks.

Also, I like my M&P shield 9mm a lot. It's a great gun. My only drawback is mag capacity at 7+1 and 8+1 extended. I want to get a bigger gun also, like a G17, and cut the grip down to G19 size for easier carry. But I'll also keep my Shield. It's a great little gun.

MolonLabe7

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Muncie
    Get the 9mm now. you can find defense rounds online. recommend the Gold Dot 147 grain. and I also recommend getting a glock 19 or glock 26. I carry the 19 everyday

Top Bottom