• kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    I recently inquired here whether anyone had tried using CZ75 ( full size, not compact) mags in a Sig Sauer magazine configured KT Sub 2000 after having read CZ mags worked in Sig mag Subbies on KTOG.
    . I had a NIB Beretta 9mm type Subby that I was thinking of switching to Sig and trying this on. No one replied having done any of this so I tried it. Replacement mag catches are $4.00 from KT and take 2 minutes to replace. That is if you're just changing the engaging piece that holds the mag. This is held to the mag catch body by 2 tiny allen screws . This is done w/o disassembly of the entire gun. Once the catch was changed the mags would not seat until I sanded a tiny bit, a dozen strokes or so to the gun's grip bottom with 120 grit followed by a couple w/ 240gr. sandpaper. ( half millimeter-1.0 mm removed maybe). I understand the 19rd mags have a tiny bit more length between mag catch and bottom of mag so they may have seated w/o this. I had only 16 and 17rd mags.
    Once this was done and after running a dry patch down the bore I gave the bolt a couple squirts of oil and headed out to shoot. Ammo was 124gr Aquila . Ordinarily I would give the gun a real cleaning but time was short before a couple weeks of long hours,and no days off at the salt mine so I crossed my fingers and hoped for the best. I had 3 FTE , stovepipe failures in 60rds fired. As new out of box Subbies can be cranky 'til broken in and I had not prepped the gun well by a thorough clean and lube I was not dismayed. Later when time allowed I stripped and cleaned the gun well, lubed it generously and went forth to try again with a variety of ammo including Prvi Partizan 115gr JHP and some newly purchased XQI 123gr ammo from Turkey said to be loaded to Nato specs . Also took ; 115gr Fed Champion FMJ, 115gr Fed Classic JHP, Rem 115gr FMJ and 124gr FMJ PMC.
    Fired 8 mags of a variety of the listed ammo , mostly 16rders ,a couple 17, with 0 issues of any type. So far this appears to work well, the mods were minimal, low cost and took 10 min total time .
    CZ75 owners who'd like a carbine compatible their with handgun mags may have an option here.
    I'll update this if any issues arise.

Last edited:

Sratch16

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    NE Indiana
    I've been wondering if this really worked. Thanks for the confirmation! If I had more money than brains, I think I'd get the S2K, turn it into an SBR, throw a can on it, and cover it all with a Red Lion fore end.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Thanks and glad the post was informative/helpful. To clarify, the grip frame sanding was very minimal and limited to the front inch or so .

Top Bottom