Suarez Force-on-Force in Fort Wayne (Hillside Shooting Sports)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Guys and Gals, I will be at this class, sooo if anyone wants to put the hurtin on me, this is the time to do it.:):

This isn't just me trying to sell this class, if you have never done FOF/Interactive gunfighting before, it is truly eye-opening and about as real world as you can get without stepping in it. Rick Klopp is the chief Instructor for this class. I have worked with Rick before, and not only is he a great guy, but a fantastic Instructor.

I am at my day job now but will be back to this thread to post more and answer any questions you might have if Bob doesn't have the answer already.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Not only a great class, but also a great place to shoot!

Clubhouse and gun store

picture.php

Rifle range out to 1,000 yards

picture.php

Pistol bays 1, 2, and 3

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Rick Klopp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Here's a brief description of the class. Let me know if you have any specific questions. I'll post more details later in the month.

FORCE ON FORCE - INTERACTIVE GUNFIGHTING
    ROANOKE, IN
    APRIL 2-3, 2011

Ever wonder what you'd do if a psycho with a knife charged at you? Or how you'd really handle a multiple adversary situation?

FIND OUT FOR CERTAIN IN OUR INTERACTIVE GUNFIGHTING TRAINING!!

Force on Force is the future of personal combat training. This course is Pure CQB Gunfighting Skills, and will connect what you do on the range with what you must do on the street to win a fight.​

Typical marksmanship-based gun training leaves many questions unanswered. There is a great deal that you still don't know about street combat if all you've done is shoot paper targets on a shooting range. Even the many "shoothouse" excercises at many gun schools are still woefully inadequate in preparing you for a street confrontation. But in this class, the training is pure street reality featuring high intensity, short duration combat at close range against live human beings with modern force on force technology. It is specifically designed for the private citizen and focuses on civilian street situations. Learn to defend against a single adversary bent on cutting you with a training knife, as well as against multiple adversaries suddenly drawing guns and firing at you. Learn what it takes to overcome home invaders, takeover robbers, hostage takers and active shooters! In today's environment, everyone has a need to know.

The training is open to ALL civilian students AT ANY SKILL LEVEL, and is the sort of class you can attend over and over again to maintain your edge!! Fight-focused NOT Gun-focused!

DURATION: 2 days (April 2-3, 2011)

PREREQUISITES:
    NONE
    AMMUNITION:
    Approximately 600 (minimum) good quality plastic pellets : NO STEEL PELLETS
    YOU NEED TO BRING:
    Spare clothing appropriate to the weather, lunch/snacks and water (minimum of 1 gallon per person) for the entire day, baseball or other style hat, sun screen, bug repellant, allergy medication (if needed), chair (if you have a problem with sitting on the ground, note taking paper/pen/pencil and a boo boo kit (bandaids, gauze pads, antiseptic wipes, antibiotic ointment and tape)
    REQUIREMENTS:
    You MUST have a gas-operated airsoft pistol for this class. Electric or spring-operated guns are not suitable. A paintball mask/helmet, hooded sweatshirt and gloves are necessary.

NOTE: Bring an adequate supply of green gas or propane and silicon lubricant to charge up the pistols. An extra magazine is important in case there is a problem with the primary.

Here's a link to the Suarez website:

April 2-3, 2011 - Force on Force Gunfighting - Roanoke, IN

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    A reminder, we are about 6 weeks out for this class. I believe in this type of training so strongly that I would encourage anyone who carries a firearm or even just concerned with the defense of their loved ones to attend a FOF class. I would even go to the lengths of saying that even if you are not planning on taking this class with Suarez International, please find somewhere else reputable to get similar training. I can say this in all honesty, because evn though my friend jdhaines is taking his FOF with someone else, I am not mad at him.:draw::D

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    A reminder, we are about 6 weeks out for this class. I believe in this type of training so strongly that I would encourage anyone who carries a firearm or even just concerned with the defense of their loved ones to attend a FOF class. I would even go to the lengths of saying that even if you are not planning on taking this class with Suarez International, please find somewhere else reputable to get similar training. I can say this in all honesty, because evn though my friend jdhaines is taking his FOF with someone else, I am not mad at him.:draw::D

:(:( First of all I didn't know about this one when I verbally agreed to the one I'm attending. Second of all, it's driving distance so no hotel. Third of all...I'll be with you guys in May, so I have to spread around the wealth a little bit! I'll need to practice up a bit so I don't embarrass myself the first time we FoF at the same class! I'll be looking forward to an AAR on this! Sorry Mike!

Rick Klopp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    For the past several months, I have been researching and looking into the finer points of Force on Force training. For the most part, I’ve studied what the industry has accepted as the baseline in this area called “Reality-Based Training.”

By attending a SI Force on Force class, you are guaranteed to learn something new or at least brush up on some of the more important topics. It doesn’t matter how skilled of a gunfighter you consider yourself, the skills you learn in this class will provide a clear idea of what your limits are and how far you can push them – and in doing so, eliminate any confusion between reality and a false sense of confidence.

If you have not had the opportunity to attend a Force on Force class, here is a chance to be part of a small study group where we will discuss stagnant dogmas, review state-of-the-art approaches to training and consider new directions of study.

Come join us in Roanoke on April 2-3.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    I may have to do this one too, I am cutting it close for a class before the end of March.

I might have to find a loaner gun, as I don't have a Airsoft pistol at all..

How many spots are left?

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I may have to do this one too, I am cutting it close for a class before the end of March.

How many spots are left?

Currently, there is "room at the inn," but I expect that to change as the weather warms up and people dig their way out of snow caves. :):

One of the (many) nice things about Hillside Shooting Sports is there are two large pole-barn type buildings on the range site, which can be used for the FoF class, if the weather becomes inhospitable.

Rick Klopp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011

How many spots are left?

Gamez235 -

Let me know if you need an Airsoft - I can hook you up.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    For anyone wanting "in" on this class, it's time to get enrolled.
    April 2 and 3 are only a little more than a month away.

Weather will be no problem, as there are two, large, pole-barn type buildings available, if necessary.

I know I am looking forward to it!

Rick Klopp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Over the last couple of years, I’ve been looking into some of the finer points associated with Force on Force training. One of the areas of study has been in compiling data during the Return to Cover drills that we teach. Regardless of where we find ourselves, the use of cover has always been considered to be a sound tactical objective. When looking at the element of personal safety, however, the distance to cover and how we arrive there may not be as simple of an approach as one would suspect.

From 8th grade algebra, we remember that the shortest distance between two points is a straight line. Even though this direction may be the shortest (and therefore the quickest), is it the safest form of movement? Recent Force of Force classes have shown that in some cases it is not; and in fact, it is often one of the poorest choices to make.

Keeping things in context, let’s look at the variable of distance first. If you decide that the use of cover is your best tactic, either short term (as in the clearing of a malfunction) or long term (being in a better position to return fire), knowing the distance to that point of cover is of utmost importance. Finding yourself behind in the reactionary curve and then trying to locate cover vs. considering cover as you move through an engagement may make the difference in your survival. If cover is within a short distance, say less than 10 feet, then moving directly to it has been shown to be the most effective course of action. If, however, cover is at a greater distance away, moving in a straight line has some inherent disadvantages. And the further that one needs to move to secure a position of cover, movement in a linear fashion becomes even less effective.

This data is just as relevant to an officer returning to the security of his cruiser, as it is to a solider moving to a bunker or a civilian seeking cover behind a dumpster. This will be one of the many issues that will be discussed and proof-tested during the Force on Force class in Roanoke. Come and be part of the new statistics.

It’s a good time to be a student.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom