• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    I think I was probably way off base with my original thoughts on this plan. For some idiotic reason, I was thinking you could get it engraved like you would a ring or bracelet. Now I am not saying I would take it to the mall and let some teenager dig into it, but I really didn't know anything about the laser engraving or chiseling. All of the designs I have looked at online are "old school" for the lack of a better term. The design I have drawn up is more of a tattoo type design. Far from tasteless I promise you, but still something I have never seen on a handgun. I would call it an OCC type of design, for all of you American Chopper fans, lol. Seriously though, what is the best option? Hand engraved, laser, or? I want it to show the very definitive and crisp lines of the design. I also want the design to be perfectly symmetrical on both sides of the slide, so to not knock off the balance!!

Superj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Florida
    Not a stupid question at all. It should not "hurt" the gun and it's yours to personalize as you wish.

Don't forget to post pics once your masterpiece is complete.

Good luck

J

Edit to add:
    I am not affiliated with this company but I've read lots of reviews for them on another forum and they do laser engraving of your design. I have never dealt with them...that's my disclaimer
    http://www.customizedcreationz.com/services/laserengraving.html

Last edited:

Squirt239

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    One thing about laser engraving, that I have found, is you have to have a pretty strong laser to get a good etched surface. Especially on stainless. You may not get the crisp and definite lines that it appears you want. Hand engraving will, no doubt, cost more...but you only have to spend the money once; you'll admire the work for a lifetime. JMTC

tmkr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    engraving

yes,youcan engrave stainless steel.make sure it is stainless and not nickel or chrome plate.if it is plating it can possibly chip at the at the edges where the engraving cuts are made.stainless can also be laser engraved,and will be black in color

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    It's your gun, put whatever you want on it. Go crazy!

If I were to carry it though, I don't think I'd engrave it with any pics of the Grim Reaper or sayings like "Kill them all and let God sort them out."

Just kidding. :D

Top Bottom