• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    I disagree. I think the politicians of aesthetics managed to succeed. They succeeded in making the AR-15 ugly as sin.

Opinion. I think it looks fine. This is the market at work. Legislation is just a Dutch boy with his finger in the dike trying to stem the dam of innovation and capitalism. There is no stopping someone who is clever via something as futile and easily-gotten-around as legislation.

Mossberg84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    Crawfordsville
    The comments on there from animedude were priceless. I liked how he claimed the pistol grip makes the rifle more accurate? Man some people are so dumb. I listen to Colin Cowherd on Espn Radio and one of his favorite lines when talking about stupid people is "People that don't get it, don't get that they don't get it". Seems rather appropriate for this situation.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Opinion. I think it looks fine. This is the market at work. Legislation is just a Dutch boy with his finger in the dike trying to stem the dam of innovation and capitalism. There is no stopping someone who is clever via something as futile and easily-gotten-around as legislation.

Yep. Just saw this on my Facebook feed.

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    "People that don't get it, don't get that they don't get it"

At least we're dealing with these folks whose primary strategy seems to be shouting, flapping their arms, and babbling incoherently over something they know near to nothing about. The original AWB was as dumb as a bag of hammers and solved exactly nothing statistically, aside from tripling the price of these weapons almost overnight. Current attempts at cosmetic legislation will solve about the same thing.

On the plus side, if they pass a law saying the only legal guns will look like a shoebox, some ingenious young person will soon present us with a shoe box capable of firing 700 RPM and hitting a five-gallon bucket at 600 meters. I'll take two of those!

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    At least we're dealing with these folks whose primary strategy seems to be shouting, flapping their arms, and babbling incoherently over something they know near to nothing about. The original AWB was as dumb as a bag of hammers and solved exactly nothing statistically, aside from tripling the price of these weapons almost overnight. Current attempts at cosmetic legislation will solve about the same thing.

On the plus side, if they pass a law saying the only legal guns will look like a shoebox, some ingenious young person will soon present us with a shoe box capable of firing 700 RPM and hitting a five-gallon bucket at 600 meters. I'll take two of those!

*ahem*
    Functional .22 Cal Steampunk Gatling Gun - YouTube

easy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    SEOK
    Same innovation as happened after CA passed similar stupidity. Different stocks, rebuild kits, and 'featureless' rifles. CA is FULL of AR type rifles.

Top Bottom