Student loan 'Forgiveness",Too little to help anyone, just enough to make everyone angry

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    I could probably get behind something... maybe interest reductions? But it needs to go hand in hand with reforms to the system. I would like to see them dischargeable in bankruptcy. I think that would tighten up lending standards. Schools have limited reasons to control costs when students can borrow a near unlimited amount of money.
    Why not require the universities to reduce student debt by forcibg them to give refunds? I mean if we can accept forcing the taxpayers to foot the bill, I see no reason we can’t forcibly make these institutions that receive tax dollars to give refunds. Maybe force every employee at these institutions to take drastic pay reductions with force salary returns to the institutions by garnishment if required? This is no less a burden to these folks than putting that debt on me. It’s no more wrong either.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Why not require the universities to reduce student debt by forcibg them to give refunds? I mean if we can accept forcing the taxpayers to foot the bill, I see no reason we can’t forcibly make these institutions that receive tax dollars to give refunds. Maybe force every employee at these institutions to take drastic pay reductions with force salary returns to the institutions by garnishment if required? This is no less a burden to these folks than putting that debt on me. It’s no more wrong either.
    And when the schools are "state sponsored schools"? What then? Same, same... They got the money from us, so they give it back to the students... from us.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Trying to buy votes with taxpayer money.
    Welcome to the United States of Chicago. Got a problem with election rigging, vote buying, payoffs for economic favors? Go see your machine appointed alderman.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    And when the schools are "state sponsored schools"? What then? Same, same... They got the money from us, so they give it back to the students... from us.
    Not every penny paid to a state school comes from taxes. Make them line item their income sources and force them to use dollars from non-tax sources as refunds.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Not every penny paid to a state school comes from taxes. Make them line item their income sources and force them to use dollars from non-tax sources as refunds.
    So what, from alumni donations? You don't think there will be some "shifting" of funds to make up for the difference?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    So what, from alumni donations? You don't think there will be some "shifting" of funds to make up for the difference?
    Require the same accounting rules applied to telecommunications companies after divestiture. Regulated income had to be checked and kept separate from non-regulated income, like calling features and new unregulated internet monies. Universities can be put under the same overbearing set of rules and heavily fines for noncompliance during annual audits. Yes take alumni money if required. The education is priority over sports venues and fancy shoes. If this causes the non-tax money to completely dry up, so be it. Just maintain the current level of tax dollars given to these institutions and let them figure out how to meet the shortage.

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    Well, if we are going to foot the bill, watch tuitions skyrocket. A 4 year degree will cost 1 million dollars. I just wish we could force the universities to cosign these loans. That would end the BS once and for all.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Well, if we are going to foot the bill, watch tuitions skyrocket. A 4 year degree will cost 1 million dollars. I just wish we could force the universities to cosign these loans. That would end the BS once and for all.

State schools are as worthless as state.....ZERO penalty for abject failure.

MRockwell

Just Me
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield

“People think that the President of the United States has the power for debt forgiveness,” she said. “He does not. He can postpone, he can delay, but he does not have that power.” Pelosi argued that student loan forgiveness can only be accomplished through “an act of Congress.”

This article is from a year ago. So where is madame speaker now?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

“People think that the President of the United States has the power for debt forgiveness,” she said. “He does not. He can postpone, he can delay, but he does not have that power.” Pelosi argued that student loan forgiveness can only be accomplished through “an act of Congress.”

They're politicians.
    their words mean nothing the minute the sound leaves their lips.

And we put up with it.

Last edited:

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh

Pelosidiot is drunk, as per usual.
    I think she's Emma Chalmers ("Kip's Ma") from "Atlas Shrugged"

If she's not "Kip's Ma", then she's Ivy Starnes (the co-creator of the uber-collectivist plan that made John Galt "go John Galt").

"I will put an end to this, once and for all . . . I will stop the motor of the world."
    --John Galt

Last edited:

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Kinda sounds bad for the staff of our universities, you know, maintenance, housekeeping, food service, the little people not the faculty Those folks are working for less now and paying taxes on their pay.

Don’t see why it‘s so hard to figure out, it’s not about the forgiveness of debt it‘s about keeping future generations wed to the FED. They’d rather give up a few billion now than give up multi trillions in future Fed. Res. Notes. Keeping the ancestors of the current debtors in debt for multiple generations to come.

If current students don’t have good credit when they graduate how can they get home, auto, cc, loans when they get out of school? That is what will perpetuate the system.

ET: correct spelling ie: faculty.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom