• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Looking for a good stripped lower to go on a BCM build. All of the shops close by only seem to carry DPMS or R-Guns. I know a lot of people are going to say that the stripped lower won't matter much but this being my first build I want to make sure it is going to fit the BCM upper. I am located close to Louisville and new to the area so any suggestions on a lower or a good shop to find one will help.:dunno:

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Theres nothing wrong with a stripped DPMS lower.... its their internals (lower parts kit) that I avoid anymore. They were a bargain at one time but at todays prices alot better quality LPK can be had for just $5- $10 extra.

I had some LPKs that were very rough machined and less than luster finish on them.... not just for looks as the trigger group can get pretty dirty in an AR type.

I have assembled Bushy, Colt, DPMS, RRA, DS, CMMG and a few others too... all came out great.

Key: buy a good LPK, ie. RRA, DS, DD, BCM, CMMG etc...

Good luck,

davman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Thanks for the advice. Looking at buying the lpk through Palmetto State Armory, DD lpk and magpul CTR stock, trigger guard and grip. Should go bang once finished.

MainManRay

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    West Terre Haute, IN
    I have used two brands of stripped lowers. A DPMS and a RockRiverArms. In my opinion the DPMS lower is a more versatile lower than my RRA lower. Reason I say this is that it seams to me that the RRA lowers tolerances are much tighter, so some parts you put in them are very snug or tight and you have to work them a bit to get them to fit to other brand parts.

I also agree with the other post above. I'm not familiar with BCM lowers but why don't you find a BCM dealer and do a FFL dealer transfer to your location. It may cost you a few extra bucks but if your wanting to stay with the same brand id go this route.

davman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Thanks for the tips guys, BCM doesn't sell just the stripped lower and I really want to do a build. I am going to try and find out who forges their lowers though and go from there.

JiNx0036

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Michigan City
    +1 on Spikes! Take advantage of those Gen 1 lowers on AIMsurplus. I would also take advantage of the Gen 2 lowers on sale from Spikes for $99. I got my lower for $109 and finished it at $312 with stuff from Spikes. Their customer service is great. Use arfcom for a 5% discount off your order.:rockwoot:
    Stock is on backorder.
    069.jpg

070.jpg

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    spikes, rra, mega, DD, EA, Nodak spud, noveske, and so many more i am forgetting. As said above just find a ffl to transfer, then get on the interweb and order your lower of choice.

Top Bottom