• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cburnworth

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    double ditto on the straight shaft. highly recommend 4 cycle so no mixing, but that is up to the individual. Also make sure you get a spool & not the one that take pieces of line. Major PITA!!!!

TWalker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    New Castle
    Definitely go with a straight shaft. Echo is a good trimmer and lighter than a Stihl. However, like the majority that have posted I use Stihl. All my chainsaws, pole saw, blowers, trimmers, and even one of the sprayers are stihl. Runs like a champ and it will start up every time.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Traffic from INGO can buy a Stihl FS55R at Midway Power for $190. It is easily out best selling residential trimmer, and most everyone who upgrades from a curved shaft is happy they did.

That's $30 off of retail. That's a good price.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    i have an echo with a curved shaft. id rather have the straight shaft because your right over what you are cutting.

TRLREDY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Straight shaft it is. Thanks for all the input guys. Will be heading to the dealer this afternoon after I get done with tap/ballet practice....I mean when my little girl gets done with her dance practice!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Straight shaft it is. Thanks for all the input guys. Will be heading to the dealer this afternoon after I get done with tap/ballet practice....I mean when my little girl gets done with her dance practice!

You have to post pics of you weedeating in your tutu.

TRLREDY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    Indianapolis
    So I went out and bought an Echo SRM-225 today. Brought it home. Looked through the manual. Mixed up some fresh gas and fired it up. Let it warm up, reved it up a few times, shut it off and went and mowed. Come back and start it up again. Rev it up and the head flies off of it along with at least one other part!:xmad: The head and one metal plate was all I could find. Not very happy to say the least. Of course the shop is now closed and won't reopen till Monday. Would I be out of line to ask for an exchange instead of them putting it back together for me? Honestly, I could do it myself but I shouldn't have to for what I paid for it. I would think I'm entitled to one that was put together correctly the first time. What do you all think?

Top Bottom