• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    So I purchased a Dillon 650 and have been really happy with it, as I have loaded numerous .223 rounds without a hitch. So I decided to also get into casting my own boolits so I have cast some .358/158gr swc to load into .38 Special. I get my .38 Special dies all set up and get the caliber changed out on the machine and I start to reload and I have noticed that the .38 Special rounds dont want to fall into place on the station locator. As a matter of fact, I crushed a couple of cases thinking it was the sizing die. I have actually gouged the station locator and will have to purchase a new one unless Dillon warranties these things. Anyway, has anyone else loaded .38 Special on a 650 and if so have you had any of the similar issues? I appreciate all the help that anyone may be able to give me. I will be calling Dillon tomorrow to see what can be done about this dorked up station locator.

Thanks

Gunner

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Clarification of symptons:

1) Is the brass not being pushed fully into the shellplate slots?
    2) Is the shellplate not stopping at the index points?

When you adjusted the sizing die, did you leave the press raised with a casing in the die before locking it down the final turn?

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    Well everyone, I figured it out. Woodsman07, you hit the nail on the head, the case insert slide cam was still on the rifle side I had forgotten to put it on the pistol side. Easy fix, but it messed up the whole works. I did mess up my station one locator and Dillon is sending me a new one free... They told me there is a lifetime warranty on all parts. SWEET...

Gunner

Top Bottom