• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nova512

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    west side of indy
    im looking into getting the slant pro sraight 8 night sights or the xs24/7 standard dot night sights for my gen 4 glock 22 which ones would you guys suggest?the 2 dot stuff i shoot much better with.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    man, talk about apples an oranges....

The straight 8's are much more precise sights and the big dots are just that, a BIG DOT you put on your enemy to get the quickest shot possible.

If it was my carry gun, I'd use the big dots. If you are looking at shooting steel, pins, and personal protection, then use the 8's.

Front sight on 8's = ll
    Front sights on BigDot = ( )

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    For an EDC gun used for protection I would personally go with the big dot sights. Do you have experience shooting with both? If so then I would go with the one you shoot best with. Good luck with your decision

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    Whatever sight you get, make sure you train with the same sight that you use for carry.

It doesn't make a ton of sense to me for range guns to have a precise sight, then carry guns to have a "faster" sight. If you train with one sight picture you will stand a better chance of shooting well under stress.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Whatever sight works best for YOU. I personally have never been able to engage targets faster with anything other than straight 8's. I love them! But to each his/her own.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    I have a big dot on one 1911 and find it fast for quick actuation of a target. While not precise, it does put hits on target fast. I found over the years that is what is important to me.

I had 8s on a gun a few years back and did not care for it.

nonstop

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    I had the express sights (small dot) on a SIG P225 that I took to Front Sight. For ten yards and in they are faster and precise enough, outside of that they start to get to corse for my taste. I think the straight eight with a wide rear notch (.156) will give you the best of both worlds.

Top Bottom