• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45acp223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    SE IN.
    Nice Pic! :yesway: I'd like to be able to find an ammo can full of .223 for sale....that I can afford. I recently purchased a bolt action in .223 for target/plinking thinking it would be a nice inexpensive round to shoot. When you do find it, prices have creeped up quite a bit. Maybe, I should have went with 22-250 or 243, lots of ammo in those cal. to be found.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    I vacuum seal ammo for long storage or that goes in my back packs. Just so I know it can't get wet that way. Also most of it is reloads.

I did read on a blog about putting nail polish on primers and around the bullets to water proof rounds. I never tried it. I didn't think it was needed. Then he was talking reloads though.

I had a co worker that had a revolver that had been stored under the dresser for years and was frozen up. He gave it to me to see if I could get it to work. I soaked it in WD 40 for a couple of days and got it to move and removed the shells. I took them apart and lit a match to the powder and it went off. So WD didn't even get into the powder. That was factory ammo. Because of that I don't worry to much about factory ammo getting wet.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    1000 loose in a 50 can. 1200 on strippers.

6C9DF706-519B-43CB-9213-C641F0D71864-2830-0000021F5361FB7D.jpg

How many loaded mags can you fit in a 20 can and how much does it weigh?

RGR12

Plinker
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    The military stores ammo laying horizontal to the ground, and they seem to have no problem. if its inside of your house anyway should be good.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Elkhart
    the only thing that kinda maybe makes sense would be to keep the primers outta water but that wont be in your container anyways...i wouldn't/don't worry about it.

Ejohnson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Dublin, IN
    I keep all my ammo in GI cans with one of those little packets. If I have to move, just grab the handle and go.
    My Grandpa kept all his ammo in cans. I shot some old 7.62MM rounds he had from Vietnam, no issues.

Top Bottom