Stories of found firearms in unexpected places.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    I was helping my grandma clean out her attic. It was filled to the brim. At the back there was a long object wrapped in a shower curtain. Took it out it was a my grandpa's stevens single shot from when he was a kid. Cracked stock held together with electrical tape. I haven't yet repaired it.

That's really cool!!! I would love to have some firearms from my Grandpa but right now my Uncle has them and they probably wont make them down to me as he has a bunch of grandsons to pass them on to.

redlined24

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2014
    bloomington
    this is a really good thread, i have never found any guns personally BUT last week my grandpaw called my dad because he found a New in the box .22 riffle at his house and he couldnt figure out who would just leave a new gun there. long story short he is getting older and forgot that my dad gave it to 3 years ago as a gift and he sat it in his basement and never oppend it.......... does that count? ha :cool:

scott delaney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    found an old flintlock pistol out metal detecting at French Post park, it is in local museum now. was in very bad condition as it was in the ground for over 150yrs.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    137   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Not a "real" gun, but I found an old King Manufacturing BB Gun called a 1000 shot Model 5586 in the cabin I purchased from my great uncle. It has to be from the late 40's early 50's. I have not been able to find much info on it, but I was able to take it apart and clean it. But alas...it is missing a spring and will not fire. Boo.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    From the stories I've heard on INGO I bet you'd find a small arsenal in any small lake in Indiana that an INGO member lives near.:D

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    XGF had a grandmother that had recently taken a group of firearms to the sheriff's department, presumably for destruction. If I'd been there a few weeks earlier, she would've just given them to me. I try not to contemplate what all she had, lest I break into tears.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    He took me back in the house to the master bedroom which proved to have an Honest-to-God secret room (a room which I had checked personally and did NOT detect the secret room).

My dad had his own company for 37 of his 45 years in building houses...there are a few tricks to hiding the 'secret' rooms...but some of them are way cool! People would probably be surprised at the number of houses that truely have 'secret' rooms...passageways...escape routes...etc. Never underestimate someone who has cash and what they want in a home!

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    I found a world war 2 K98 bayonet/scabbard/frog dated 1942 in some boxes of electronic parts in my father's garage not even a month ago. The bayonet and scabbard has the spread winged eagles and the manufacturer codes are very legible. My father passed away just over a year now and he was in Vietnam...not WW II. Dont have a clue where it came from. I inherited some guns that my father inherited from his also. One turned out to be a Mossberg Model 42A that according to my uncle, my grandfather had bought when he was 12 yrs old. (sometime in the late 1930's).

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    In the 70's my father was on a commercial airline flight. He didn't find a 'whole" firearm, but as the plane banked, something hit his foot. It was a cylinder fron a revolver, and it was loaded with rounds. He didn't think much of it and gave it to a stewardess. I always figured there was some poor hi-jacker trying to assemble a pistol that dropped it. I say "poor" hijacker because he wasn't able to complete his task, because very few people would take a revolver seriously that was missing its cylinder.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Here is a link to an old story...Police found a North American Arms .22 revolver in a young ladies...er...uh....Well...She had one in "there.."

That had to be unexpected....

Oklahoma police bust woman with loaded revolver hidden in vagina and bags of meth in her behind  - NY Daily News

We where fishing back in the 70's down by the rail road tracks near the River and found an old kids wading pool...We lifted it up to look for some worms and snakes and found a semi auto .22...We shot it out and then called the Police and they picked it up...It was a Marlin Model 60 IIRC.....

Ejohnson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Dublin, IN
    In the early 80's I was living near Oklahoma City with my parents. While working on my motorcycle in the garage, I bumped the drop ceiling with a flying wrench (had a meltdown moment). I heard a distinct thump like something was on top of the tile. I pulled the ceiling tile and found a Colt Gold Cup National Match .45, with the extended front sight, adjustable rear sight and barrel weight with the signature of R L Shockey on it! I showed it to dad, he cleaned it up and it fired great. It was a little susty, from sitting a few years, so we planned on having it reblued.
    Fast forward to a few weeks ago, someone broke into dad's house. Of all the things they had to take, they took the .45. AArrghhh!!!!

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Oh, when I lived with my parents I built a secret vault in one of my closets. Wasn't big, but you could hide some considerable stuff there. It was absolutely undetectable unless you took some careful measurements. My parents gave up trying to decide what to think of me when instead of pr0n, booze, drugs etc. they found an AR. Totally missed the pr0n & booze.

Top Bottom