• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Breakfast this morning was crazy. Father in law back from Budapest and decided we needed big breakfast. Big was understatement. Pictures on camera but will post when in U.S. bread size of large pizzas, humus, fool, humus fetah, falafel, various sweets, pita bread. "Eat eat eat" is Arabic hospitality.

Traffic still crazy but FIL much better at maneuvering then SIL.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    20151014_051203_zpsmgmbajgl.jpg

Veggie man. Not the one who side swiped my wife.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    20151012_061045_zpsiwrnh21q.jpg

Ice cream guy! 10 Jordanian cents a cone.

Alright...I'll admit it...I saw this pic and this is what popped in my head....Did you at least hum it when you saw him BBI?

[video=youtube;i2RKWJD5ops]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2RKWJD5ops[/video]

Are you allowed to pick up a rock from say the Jordan river or along the Mosaic Trail and bring it stateside? And by rock I mean just a rock...Nothing fancy....

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Alright...I'll admit it...I saw this pic and this is what popped in my head....Did you at least hum it when you saw him BBI?

[video=youtube;i2RKWJD5ops]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2RKWJD5ops[/video]

Are you allowed to pick up a rock from say the Jordan river or along the Mosaic Trail and bring it stateside? And by rock I mean just a rock...Nothing fancy....

Sure. Moses trail near Mt. Nebo (sp?) will be possible. Going to that area tomorrow.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    It's actually sherbet. I figure it's safe. My wife's families kids have been eating it for years.

Ah, but they grew up with the local flora. I had an unfortunate experience with local bacteria in Turkey, made me very wary. When on the local economy I stuck to things that were well cooked. Well, and dessert pastries of course.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    FIL asked why American police can just shoot criminals instead of taking them to judge. He didn't think it fair. I said we can't, we arrest and put them in jail to see judge unless they meet requirements for deadly force and explained them. He thought this was very fair. He said his idea came from tv. Similar to what we know comes from news and popular culture, same here. Misconceptions flow both ways. Found out Jordan doesn't use the death penalty, which is not universally popular decision. Many people think some crimes should carry death penalty, not just death sentence.

Woman working at coffee shop had wooden cross necklace on, and no one seemed to pay any attention. Also noticed Catholic school and hospital. Went to children's museum and they have "we are all human" display, human rights for children's level of understanding. Jordan is apparently more open to other religion in open practice then Qatar. Liquor stores exist, too. Got a picture of "Tasty Liquor" on the camera when I can upload.

Children's museum was very nice, if small for a city this size. Not crowded, which was expected because school day.

SIL insists McD's better here then in U.S., which I didn't believe. We tried. Beef is different, more gamey. Chicken nuggets are better, though. Fries same.

Did I mention traffic sucks and is crazy?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    FIL asked why American police can just shoot criminals instead of taking them to judge. He didn't think it fair. I said we can't, we arrest and put them in jail to see judge unless they meet requirements for deadly force and explained them. He thought this was very fair. He said his idea came from tv. Similar to what we know comes from news and popular culture, same here. Misconceptions flow both ways. Found out Jordan doesn't use the death penalty, which is not universally popular decision. Many people think some crimes should carry death penalty, not just death sentence.

Woman working at coffee shop had wooden cross necklace on, and no one seemed to pay any attention. Also noticed Catholic school and hospital. Went to children's museum and they have "we are all human" display, human rights for children's level of understanding. Jordan is apparently more open to other religion in open practice then Qatar. Liquor stores exist, too. Got a picture of "Tasty Liquor" on the camera when I can upload.

Children's museum was very nice, if small for a city this size. Not crowded, which was expected because school day.

SIL insists McD's better here then in U.S., which I didn't believe. We tried. Beef is different, more gamey. Chicken nuggets are better, though. Fries same.

Did I mention traffic sucks and is crazy?

Are you SURE thats meat from a cow? :runaway:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Last few hours in Jordan. Heading to Spain in 3.5 hours. Amman is nice in a "glad I don't have to live here" sort of way. My in-laws have been great, and Arab hospitality means lots of food. LOTS of food. I'd take up two seats on the airplane if I stayed here a month. Inlaws actually argued about if she would cook our he would bring restaurant food home for yesterday. Momma won. Maklooba, a chicken/beef/rice/veggie dish that's made in a big pot then flipped upside down on a tray to serve. It was excellent. Dad got his way by bringing dessert from his favorite sweet ship. Konoffa in two varieties, "cheese sweet" and little honey soaked pastries.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Bring me some recipes...

Last few hours in Jordan. Heading to Spain in 3.5 hours. Amman is nice in a "glad I don't have to live here" sort of way. My in-laws have been great, and Arab hospitality means lots of food. LOTS of food. I'd take up two seats on the airplane if I stayed here a month. Inlaws actually argued about if she would cook our he would bring restaurant food home for yesterday. Momma won. Maklooba, a chicken/beef/rice/veggie dish that's made in a big pot then flipped upside down on a tray to serve. It was excellent. Dad got his way by bringing dessert from his favorite sweet ship. Konoffa in two varieties, "cheese sweet" and little honey soaked pastries.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'll ask my wife. I just know beef, chicken, eggplant, rice, spices, then toasted almonds sprinkled on after the flip.

In Barcelona now. No updates for awhile on Jordan, but lots to discuss later.

BobDaniels

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Boone Co
    I'll ask my wife. I just know beef, chicken, eggplant, rice, spices, then toasted almonds sprinkled on after the flip.

In Barcelona now. No updates for awhile on Jordan, but lots to discuss later.

The wife and I toured Spain a few years back, starting in Barcelona. I now know where the word gaudy originates!

Top Bottom