• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Was coming back from Indy today and decided to stop by to Pop's Guns seeing I have heard about it from people here on INGO. It seemed to be an okay shop but the selection was somewhat small with mostly Glock's and XD's. The Indoor range was kinda neat too but I think the biggest thing for when I was in there that two black men showed up and within minutes they had the store wreaking like Marijuana. The guys behind the counter didn't seem to notice or didn't care and the two men brought with them a pistol that looked like a Taurus Millennium Pro that was field stripped and they requested the owner of the shop reassemble it for them. Stating an officer had stripped it during a traffic stop and they couldn't figure out how to get it back together again.

I will add however the guys working the counter seemed polite and they did ask me a few times if I needed any help or if I wanted to look at anything in particular so that's always a plus.

Just thought I would share my first and probably last experience at that particular location being it's quite a drive out and I felt like I was gonna get robbed in the parking lot. :shady:

Last edited:

Dirc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Noblesville
    When I first moved back to the Indy area I stopped in and bought a Glock from them. Over the years I've been back a handful of times but I've always been disappointed in their selection and their attitude. Like when the guy behind the counter told me that a TC in 45/70 wouldn't take down a white tail. He tried to talk me into buying the .444 Marlin lever action he had in stock, and that he was "sure" it was legal for deer in Indiana. (It isn't.)

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    :popcorn:
    images
    Iz that what we say in da hood:laugh:

I bet the crime rate there in Muncie is off the scale compared to the crime rate in POP's area....

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    When I first moved back to the Indy area I stopped in and bought a Glock from them. Over the years I've been back a handful of times but I've always been disappointed in their selection and their attitude. Like when the guy behind the counter told me that a TC in 45/70 wouldn't take down a white tail. He tried to talk me into buying the .444 Marlin lever action he had in stock, and that he was "sure" it was legal for deer in Indiana. (It isn't.)

Yeah I forgot to add that in my OP but one guy was cool with me browsing when I mentioned it was my first time there but an older gentlemen seemed like he stopped caring when I mentioned it to him, and almost made me feel like I was being an inconvenience to him or something. That and when the Pineapple Express showed up made me decide to leave earlier then I had planned.

They did however try to get me to buy a Kahr K9 that was decked out with a bright nickel slide with gold accents before I left though. Said it belonged to a lady who only fired it one time before selling it and moving to Florida?? lol

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    :popcorn:
    images
    Is that what we say in da hood:laugh:

I bet the crime rate there in muncie is off the scale compared to the crime rate in POP's area....

I dunno for the most part Muncie sucks as a town, and as for crime about the only thing we have going on is crack heads down town.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Yeah I forgot to add that in my OP but one guy was cool with me browsing when I mentioned it was my first time there but an older gentlemen seemed like he stopped caring when I mentioned it to him, and almost made me feel like I was being an inconvenience to him or something. That and when the Pineapple Express showed up made me decide to leave earlier then I had planned.

They did however try to get me to buy a Kahr K9 that was decked out with a bright nickel slide with gold accents before I left though. Said it belonged to a lady who only fired it one time before selling it and moving to Florida?? lol

Now that sounds like Pops :noway:

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I have seen that site before but there is nothing going on here other then drugs on BSU and down town.:D

Strap myself? I intend too that was the point of getting my permit after all. lmao.:evilangel:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Ha, I was in there once and the same exact thing happened. A black guy came in with a gun stripped to pieces and couldn't get it back together. He said an LEO gave it back to him that way too.

And no, he didn't smell like weed. :):

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Red, green, blue, doesn't matter to me. The color was the same in my case as the OP. No offense intended. I'm kinda lightly toasted saltine cracker colored myself. ;)

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Red, green, blue, doesn't matter to me. The color was the same in my case as the OP. No offense intended. I'm kinda lightly toasted saltine cracker colored myself. ;)

Sure thing. I saw that when he posted it as well. I know I'm not alone when I say that too. No offense intended as well.

I'm starchy "cracker" white BTW. :laugh:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom