• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Also, I don't hold a grudge against any of you personally for the abuse you've given me, in retrospect at least some of it was well deserved. I understand that this is a public forum and whenever I open my mouth about something, particularly a political issue I'm at risk of being abused.

Someone needs a hug. Paging Phylodog...

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Come on guys don't you think your being a little harsh!!! I'm sure that our ‘officer’ to be by asking a convicted felon if he has needles, drugs, guns, stolen property, rape victims, and illegal immigrants in his car he'll tell you the truth and he can FEEL SO SAFE!!!

Or he can live a long life by taking the stance a DS told me after the traffic stop when I asked him how he handles traffic stops when he said “I don’t care if you’re wearing a habit, I consider everyone armed and dangerous at all times! Cause I’m going home tonight” God Bless America!

Citizen711

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Fishers
    Where is the proof such lawsuit would prevail, in terms of the disarming? Last I knew, the ruling was officers can ask about weapons even if there are no "danger" signs. In this case, the driver answered and admitted to having a weapon. In addition, the rifle was in plain view, so this isn't a case of searching the vehicle for the weapon. No search is needed because the weapon is in plain view.

We have posters saying they listen to scanners and hear officers routinely take guns from traffic stops, and run the numbers of guns they take. If such activity was that common, and it was such an egregious violation of rights, lawyers would be advertising on TV about filing lawsuits given how many people have permits in this state.

Sad but true. It seems that, even though rights may be violated, for some reason this is one on which it seems inexplicably difficult to get protection.

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN

Or he can live a long life by taking the stance a DS told me after the traffic stop when I asked him how he handles traffic stops when he said “I don’t care if you’re wearing a habit, I consider everyone armed and dangerous at all times! Cause I’m going home tonight” God Bless America!

That's the exact attitude I've come across when ever I've talked to LEO's about traffic stops!

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    Come on guys don't you think your being a little harsh!!! I'm sure that our ‘officer’ to be by asking a convicted felon if he has needles, drugs, guns, stolen property, rape victims, and illegal immigrants in his car he'll tell you the truth and he can FEEL SO SAFE!!!

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.".
    -General James Mattis

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Of course, with some cops and wannabes it's, "disarm everyone, violate their rights, treat everyone like a criminal, because, I'M GOING HOME TONIGHT!"

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Difference in Mindsets between LEOs and some Servicemembers, I don't care if I come home...

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Sounds like if you ever become an officer you will be the one posing the threat. Here on a gun forum you are threatening all of our Rights just so you can be the only one armed in that situation, how do we know we can trust you?

I think he is trying to make the point that the officer has a right to be concerned about his own safety. Can you blame him? Just read through some of the threads on INGO about how LEOs are viewed. The hatred spewed is limited only by the hated mods.

My post earlier was to suggest that if a LEO treats me with respect, acts professionally, I can accept him taking precautions. I know, it is a trade off. But I also know I need that officer to keep the fools and psychopaths in check. All of us on INGO are prepared to defend ourselves, but if the LEO will do it for us I think it wise to let him/her do so. LEO is far better trained than I.

Last edited:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I think he trying to make the point that the officer has a right to be concerned about his own safety. Can you blame him? Just read through some of the threads on INGO about how LEOs are viewed. The hatred spewed is limited only by the hated mods.

My post earlier was to suggest that if a LEO treats me with respect, acts professionally, I can accept him taking precautions. I know, it is a trade off. But I also know I need that officer to keep the fools and psychopaths in check. All of us on INGO are prepared to defend ourselves, but if the LEO will do it for us I think it wise to let him/her do so. LEO is far better trained than I.
    Go to some of the LEO Forums and see how they chat about Non-LEOs...
    The hatred is a two way street... :popcorn:

Top Bottom