• ...and so much more!
  • Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Free Stop the Bleed class at Danville Conservation Club clubhouse

Thursday, November 7, 6:00 PM

This Stop The Bleed class teaches you simple actions to stop life-threatening blood loss, enabling you to immediately help save a life.

Description

The course combines lecture and hands-on skills training. In it, you’ll learn how to:
    • Recognize life-threatening bleeding
    • Apply direct pressure to wounds
    • Pack a wound
    • Apply a tourniquet
    You don’t need any prior medical knowledge or training to take the course.

The one-time course provides you with the knowledge and skills to help save a life. All age groups can attend. Everyone receives a tourniquet, gauze, towel, rubber gloves, Sharpie, and a certificate at the end of the course.

Stop The Bleed program website:
    https://www.stopthebleed.org

Signup link:
    https://m.signupgenius.com/#!/showSignUp/904094CA5A82DAAF58-51995439-stop

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    Even better, get a Stop-the-Bleed kit.

I am a Registered Nurse, working in the Heart Center at EGH. I carry a barrier (CPR) mask and Stop-the-Bleed kit in my car. If you can't afford (c'mon, you can afford guns and ammo) the kit, gather a clean, white, XXL T-shirt, cut into two-inch wide strips, a screwdriver with at 6-inch blade, some duct tape, one 1-quart zip lock bag, and one-1 gallon zip lock bag. Pack bleeding wounds with T-shirt strips, strips and screwdriver make a perfect tourniquet, small bag and duct tape can seal a sucking chest (lung shot) wound. Put all the other supplies in the large baggie; keeps it all clean and easy to grab. If the victim has a sucking chest wound, lay them on their side, with the punctured lung DOWN.

Better yet, take the class and buy the kit. Oh, and get CPR certified. I've had more than one patient who made it out of the hospital alive because a loved one knew CPR and recognized that Grandpa need help. CPR saves lives. It should be required in every high-school health class.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom