• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    I’m trying to host a Stop the Bleed class at our conservation club. I contacted Stop the Bleed and completed the online form with the info requested.

I got an email telling me she had located my state’s “champion” and this info was sent on to them. They would be contacting me, and if I didn’t hear back within two weeks to reply and let her know.

Two weeks went by and I didn’t hear anything. Not too surprising, as it’s a volunteer operation and people are busy.
    I did as told and replied saying I had not heard anything.

I got an email reply that was exactly the same as the last one. She had located my state’s champion, etc, etc. Word for word.
    Hmmm.

In the past, I used their site’s search to look for classes in Indiana and found none. It’s been the same every time in the last few months and the same today.
    Has there really not been any classes in Indiana in recent months, with none upcoming?

Again, I understand it’s a volunteer operation and things don’t happen immediately, but it seems a little dead there.
    Does anyone know anything about this? They aren’t disappearing, are they?

Last edited:

Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    I didn’t know they were volunteer only organization. I did look on their website last year for a first aid kit and if remember right they were terribly expensive save compared to others. Could be funding drying up from that. Maybe they are switching leadership and the transition isn’t going well. With volunteer organizations best to just give them the benefit of doubt. Maybe look to see who is active in your county or nearby county if they have that available and see if that gets a quicker response time.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I’m trying to host a Stop the Bleed class at our conservation club. I contacted Stop the Bleed and completed the online form with the info requested.

I got an email telling me she had located my state’s “champion” and this info was sent on to them. They would be contacting me, and if I didn’t hear back within two weeks to reply and let her know.

Two weeks went by and I didn’t hear anything. Not too surprising, as it’s a volunteer operation and people are busy.
    I did as told and replied saying I had not heard anything.

I got an email reply that was exactly the same as the last one. She had located my state’s champion, etc, etc. Word for word.
    Hmmm.

In the past, I used their site’s search to look for classes in Indiana and found none. It’s been the same every time in the last few months and the same today.
    Has there really not been any classes in Indiana in recent months, with none upcoming?

Again, I understand it’s a volunteer operation and things don’t happen immediately, but it seems a little dead there.
    Does anyone know anything about this? They aren’t disappearing, are they?
    OP, where are you located? I am a Stop the Bleed instructor and have been trying to get a class together, life has just gotten in the way. Maybe if there are enough interested folks, I can get a class set up. Last time I put out a medical class, I think I only had one from INGO show up.

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    OP, where are you located? I am a Stop the Bleed instructor and have been trying to get a class together, life has just gotten in the way. Maybe if there are enough interested folks, I can get a class set up. Last time I put out a medical class, I think I only had one from INGO show up.
    Class would be in Danville. Thanks

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Your county health department and Sheriff's Office will likely be more helpful.
    Thanks. I did get another response after posting above suggesting I try that very thing. I have emailed the county health dept, but it was late on a Friday by then, so of course no response has been received (or expected yet).

Being sent elsewhere for services, on top of the rest, would be pretty strong signs of The End for any but a volunteer/semi-volunteer operation, but who knows what’s up. Could be a simple temporary thing.

Top Bottom