STOP ME! Is there AA for Impulsive Handgun Buying?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • schwaky18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Lizton, IN (Hendricks County)
    I know how to cure it:

Step 1) go shoot an AR-15
    Step 2) buy an AR-15
    Step 3) customize your AR-15
    Step 4) puchase several 1000 rounds for your AR-15

Unless you have a TON of money you will be broke and will no longer be buying anything. Assuming arguendo, that you are rich this will still cure your impulsive handgun buying but will turn it into an impulsive EBR buying (which isn't necessarily a bad thing).

Good luck!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I was bit. I bought a S&W Sigma 40VE. Didn't like the trigger so I traded on Baby Desert Eagle. After a 6 month wait due to bad record keeping from Morgan County. After that I bought an SKS. Got a Tapco Stock and a case and a few hundred rounds. Couldn't contain myself and i bought a KT P11. Convinced myself it was for my girl when I wasn't home. After that i sold it to buy my AR lower and kit which I just got assembled! :rockwoot: Then I traded a cheap computer for a cheap .22 revolver.

Yesterday we put our AR's together at MCFG! YE YEA! I was soooo happy when I got home! Then.. OH THE HORROR!!! (Those with weak hearts may want to stop reading.) Then... This morning... I WENT FISHING!!! Worse yet I brought my entire collection to show off and shoot and by God they were STOLEN!!! AHHHHHH!!!!

Now I must start all over.

I've been bit by the EBR bug and I CAN"T CONTAIN MYSELF!! Only my empty bank account is holding me back...

Will trade my truck for an Upper... :p

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    I know how to cure it:

Step 1) go shoot an AR-15
    Step 2) buy an AR-15
    Step 3) customize your AR-15
    Step 4) puchase several 1000 rounds for your AR-15

Unless you have a TON of money you will be broke and will no longer be buying anything. Assuming arguendo, that you are rich this will still cure your impulsive handgun buying but will turn it into an impulsive EBR buying (which isn't necessarily a bad thing).

Good luck!

This sort of worked for me, but I had to have the '97 this weekend for $150. :dunno:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    NOOO WEEEE WOOONNNNTTTT!!! :tantrum:

I need an upper I need an SKS scope mount I need a Sig P250 I need 2k rounds of 9mm 5.56mm and 7.62x39mm each I need a full auto AK I need slings I need 4 .22 rifles for the kids I need.... AHHHHHHHH :runaway:

**cowers in the corner sucking my thumb**

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Yea! CC's! Now if I could just get one.... OVER DRAW BANK ACCOUNT!! No. BAD IDEA. Sell truck! No that didn't work. Hmmm... Anyone need a kidney? How about an arm or a leg? I'd give a lung but I don't think anyone would want that either....

EDIT: See what this thread did to me? You evil evil people... :D

PFS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    I was infected about three months ago. I had a nice 9MM, a Patrolman 357, a Ruger .22 target and assorted Rifles and Shotguns for hunting. It all changed when the election process seemed inevitable. I am on my way to the empty wallet but the cabinate is filling up nicely. I have added a 44mag, two M & P Model 15's 5.56 AR rifles, and I got my eye on a nice Glock. Plenty of ammo too. Like you, Christmas will be a little light but one thing is forsure, aint no one gonna steal what I got!!!! Not without a fight!

Keep your guns SAFE, CLEAN and LOADED you never know what could happen.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I think I've been been infected with some sort of sickness. Six weeks ago I had lived 50 years without owning a gun. Since then I've collected the following handguns - all new. Smith&Wesson Model 60/3" Barrel, Springfield XD9sc, Kel-Tec PF-9. How do I overcome this overwhelming impulse to buy more guns? I haven't even started to buy holsters yet. Should I just relax and give in to this feeling? The wife is not going to get much for Christmas. I think I'm going to tell her that I am giving her the gift of peace of mind through self defense. Think she's gonna buy it? ;)
    100_5969.jpg
    There is no cure for handgun disease,however it can be replaced with nagant fever,binge ak buying,or black rifle disease. As far as the wife...do what I did...infect her to :)

scout5

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Charlestown
    Make a list of what you really want, then of course fill the list. If it's not on the list..........well make a new list, obviously you left something off.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Stay away from H&K pistols...

Less than two months ago I wasn't sure if I wanted a P30 or a PSP. I didn't want to buy either and regret not buying the other.

Well I found a mint '89 P7M13...

Then I found a P30L...

It's 7 weeks later and I'm out $2400...

Good thing they are the only two H&K pistols that appeal to me!

eears

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    I think my wife needs a new gun for christmas. It will go along with the new frying pan she got me last year.
    I have to justify the purchase somehow.

gunlvr1956

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    LMAO, Im 52 and have had the addiction for years. All my friends think if the Big One cames down they need to come to me. Its a great hobby for all guns, If you can get the wife to buy in. Good Luck and enjoy!

Top Bottom