• ...and so much more!
  • indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Cumberland
    yup political signs are a go

political signs are the best because alot of them have funny pictures of the person running on them, makes target shooting a little more interesting, see we play a game with these kinds,

First we see who can take out the eyes right and left,
    then to the teeth, finally by the time its over with, the 12's have already done thier damage and its on to the other signs that arent so interesting.

But this year is wierd, signs cost alittle more these days and those cheap politicians are using a plastic film based sign.
    These types of signs are affected by wind and have an inability to be used again and again , these types of signs are not desired by our members...:):

These types of signs are typically taken down after election.

snuffy33

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    140   0   0
    Apr 25, 2008
    Indy
    I've been collecting those signs for years. :yesway:
    Too bad this years political signs are worthless as target holders. :noway:

In the last week or so it seems like every corner has from 2 to 4 Pizza-Hut signs stuck in the ground. :rockwoot:

Armed Eastsider

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    I vote you go around the city collecting all the old "HOFFA 1996" or "HOFFA 1998" stickers that I see all over. I cant believe they have been up for the past 12-14 years.

(I cant remember if its 96 or 98, I dont think its both)

-The Ashamed Teamster

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Of course, you DO return these to their original locations once they've properly fullfilled their alternate mission, right????? :D

Actually, I want to thank you for the idea. I think I may go out on a recon for some new target backers myself. :yesway:

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Cumberland
    yes yes

Yes Yes glad to help my fellow Ingoers

I got myself 3 more fine lookin ones yesterday, they are really something:laugh:
    anyone get some!

keep those Rep points comming:D lol

Don

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Greenfield
    Your about a year behind Marc and I here in greenfield. The area looks mucho better without the junk on the sides of the roads.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    That is a great idea and I have thought of doing it myself. Unfortunately I rarely see any signs around where I live. However during election time. It's a free for all! Now for those of you who don't have access to signs littering your area there is an alternative.

You could actually purchase them. Yes that is correct I dropped the "P" bomb.
    Plastic backing is not that expensive. If you are a decent shot, basically you develop a 3 or 4 inch hole in the center of the backing. New targets can be stapled up right over the hole. Plastic backings will last a very long time this way.

If you have a hankering for some good backing material and don't want to scour the country side for signs try these:

Law Enforcement Targets, Inc.: 24" X 45" PLASTIC BACKER

I'm sure I brought some of you down with my alternative lifestyle choice of buying backing rather than dressing up as an Arab terrorist and skulking around on the sides of road ways. But this way is safer and wont scare school children as their school bus drives by signs being violently ripped out of the ground. Think of the children and the nightmares you are giving them.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Whats the deal with all the political signs on right of ways?

Here in Porter and Portage especially, if there is a vacant lot or a "questionable" corner there are friggin signs all over.

Case is point is on Airport road by the highschool, there are dozens of signs on the corner (Lute I think) and half are rep and half are dem.

Would those be fair game? I seriously doubt any property owner authorized BOTH parties to put them up. I'm guessing they are "squatting"

Top Bottom