• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    A good friend of mine had a perfect condition PVS-14 night vision optic with case, etc. He just moved to a new house this week. When he got there he realied the PVS was GONE. Movers are denying it ad it has been reported and turned into insurance. IF you see a PVS14 for sale anywhere around IN, W OH or S MI please let me know. We really want to get that optic back!

PM66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Crumstown, IN
    A bit outta the zone, but I'll keep my eyes peeled in the Michiana area, as I'm always on the pawn shop prowl for tools.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Easy to get rid of things in a pawn shop. Posting things on the internet makes it more likely that you will be caught, IMO.

I see you watch a lot of TV/movies because this is how Hollywood portrays pawnshops which is not accurate or fair to that industry. Get your facts straight next time before you make assumption about something.

Less than one tenth of one percent of ALL stolen items end up in a pawn shop. Most are sold at flea markets, construction sites, second hand shops, co-workers, and friends. (Source: National Pawnbrokers Association)
    In most states all items that come into a pawnshop will have the model number and serial number recorded of the item and a description of the item. Also, all of the important info on the seller's drivers license will be recorded along with a right thumb print of the seller. These records are turn over (shared with) to the local police at least once a week. You would be a complete fool to sell stolen merchandise to a pawnshop. Being a complete fool and a thief might go hand in hand.

Last edited:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I knew someone who had a lot of his stolen stuff recovered at a pawn shop. im sure it wasnt isolated and also im sure since it really happened that this doesnt just happen on TV. yeah the detectives EVENTUALLY tracked it down and they caught the guy, but it does happen.

OP, your best bet would be to check the local gun shows.

I have a PVS-14 and thats one expensive piece of hardware to lose. sorry!

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I knew someone who had a lot of his stolen stuff recovered at a pawn shop. im sure it wasnt isolated and also im sure since it really happened that this doesnt just happen on TV. yeah the detectives EVENTUALLY tracked it down and they caught the guy, but it does happen.

OP, your best bet would be to check the local gun shows.

I have a PVS-14 and thats one expensive piece of hardware to lose. sorry!

I'm not saying it can't happen, because it does happen. The point I'm trying to make is, it is less likely that stolen items will end up in a pawnshop compared to what the public perception is about how pawnshops operate. The reason your friends items were recovered is because the pawnshop had honest owner/owners and did the right things by following the laws that govern pawnbroking or those items would have never been recovered.
    I would have to agree about checking the gun shows....it would be very easy to move stolen items through the show circuit.

dead2rights

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Sorry about your friends loss. I doubt it will come to indy but I'll keep a look out. Actually the sad thing is people steal guns to sell. If the thief knew anything about optics he's probably got it mounted on his gun already. :(

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Id seach the hell out of ebay. I just did and saw many for sale and a few from new sellers. Ebay is a big place for stolen stuff to end up.

Top Bottom