• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mattritchie238

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Well, I'm almost on my last leg with my Stoeger M2000. :( I received it as my first semi-auto shotgun last Christmas and loved it from the start until I started having a recurring problem with failures to fire. It appears to be short stroking the primer on a variety of different loads made by different manufacturers. The primers, once ejected, have a very small dimple but nowhere near the size of a properly struck primer on a successfully fired shell. I have done a little research and have found quite a few people that have similar problems but have yet to come across a long lasting cure.

I have read that there is a firing pin spring that is common to fail, but I cannot find a replacement other than yet another spring of the same quality. Forgive me, but I'd rather not keep replacing the same part over and over.

Has anyone on INGO had the same experience with their Stoeger and, if so, what did you do to remedy the problem? If it weren't for this unacceptable failure, it would be a perfect duck gun for me but I'd rather not be stuck in the blind with a gun that won't fire. I just want to go bird hunting!:ar15:

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    I had the same problem and missed several pheasants as a result. It is picky with ammo. It likes what it likes and as long as I stay with that it is 100%

mattritchie238

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    I had the same problem and missed several pheasants as a result. It is picky with ammo. It likes what it likes and as long as I stay with that it is 100%

What ammo did yours end up liking? Hopefully at least one of the options is a tungsten/steel waterfowl load!

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    I guess I should rephrase a little...I broke it in with cheap bulk loads. Was 100%. Got out to Nebraska and was using Remington Pheasant/Nitro Pheasant. Again it was running 100% and I was very impressed.

I found some bulk load that was left over and it was striking the primer, but not firing. The wingmaster ate that ammo just fine. I immediately switched back to the expensive stuff and it ran fine.

I get back home and am on the range with bulk and it ran 100%.

Top Bottom