• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • czyhorse

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    Seymour
    What are everyone's thoughts on these? I've been looking at trading in or selling my Sig P6 for something with more capacity. Any other suggestions for a reliable DA/SA pistol with high capacity?

T-Mann

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Michiana Area
    Designed and originally manufactured by Beretta (The Beretta 8000). Stoeger is owned by Benelli, who, in turn is owned by Beretta.

The Cougar is manufactured in Turkey with the same process and on the same machines as it was when produced by Beretta. Beretta transferred the Cougar to Stoeger when they started manufacturing the PX series.

When produced by Beretta, the Cougar was adopted by some PDs...including the LAPD (Cougar 8045 LAPD).

All of that being said, not having owned/fired one, I would not be afraid to own/trust one.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I had a Beretta Mini Cougar in .40 S&W. It was very comfortable to shoot with low recoil for a gun of that size/caliber. A Mini Cougar in .45 is one of my buy on site guns.

Having said that, if you like your P6, why not look at a Sig 226 or 228. Basic model used should not be much of a step up price wise from a P6.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Designed and originally manufactured by Beretta (The Beretta 8000). Stoeger is owned by Benelli, who, in turn is owned by Beretta.

The Cougar is manufactured in Turkey with the same process and on the same machines as it was when produced by Beretta. Beretta transferred the Cougar to Stoeger when they started manufacturing the PX series.

When produced by Beretta, the Cougar was adopted by some PDs...including the LAPD (Cougar 8045 LAPD).

All of that being said, not having owned/fired one, I would not be afraid to own/trust one.

+1 To everything :yesway:

I've not heard anything bad about them, and the few people I've met who own them or who have shot them say they're a blast and accurate.

They're been on a couple shooting shows for little segments, mostly about testing. I beleive one test was 130 rounds straight, rapid fire, to see how the heat affected accuracy. There was no jams but the patterns started moving up after 100 rounds straight.

The other test was opening the gun and putting pancake mix in. They got it to fire, but not cycle. But everything was coated, springs, trigger mechanism, etc.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    +1 To everything :yesway:

I've not heard anything bad about them, and the few people I've met who own them or who have shot them say they're a blast and accurate.

They're been on a couple shooting shows for little segments, mostly about testing. I beleive one test was 130 rounds straight, rapid fire, to see how the heat affected accuracy. There was no jams but the patterns started moving up after 100 rounds straight.

The other test was opening the gun and putting pancake mix in. They got it to fire, but not cycle. But everything was coated, springs, trigger mechanism, etc.
    Dangit!! I hate when I get pancake mix in my gun!!

cluznar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Have a Stoeger Cougar compact 9mm (shorter grip 13 rounds instead of 15) and it is one sweet gun. Easy to shoot, low recoil, accurate and dependable. You won't regret buying one.

:draw:

jga8508

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    Indiana
    I can't speak for the 9's, but I have a Stoeger Cougar in a 40 cal that shoots nicely. Nice sized frame, comfortable to shoot, and low recoil. I have had no issues with the gun.

Top Bottom