• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Hey, on cut shells, it is possible for them to come apart in a tube. Not done it myself, but I would think it would be better to spend a little more for some slugs or 00 buck for right now for your HD shotgun. Save the cut shells (at least the widespread use of them) for the SHTF day.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    The scenario the OP spoke about was neighbors with shotguns and ammo suited for other than self defense.

I don't believe I have any interest in buying ammo that I might later give away to these clueless and possibly dangerous neighbors.

Therefore, I suggest just showing them how to make their bird shot and clay target ammo somewhat more effective for personal defense by the use of a knife. By showing them how to make a cut shell.

I am not giving them anything unless they pay dearly for it or we are related.

.356luger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    martinsville

i personally like wax slugs better than cut shells and i really like taking the shot out of a #8 shell melting it into a 69cal roundball dropping back in the wad and putting a cap of wax on the round ball.

Hey, on cut shells, it is possible for them to come apart in a tube. Not done it myself, but I would think it would be better to spend a little more for some slugs or 00 buck for right now for your HD shotgun. Save the cut shells (at least the widespread use of them) for the SHTF day.

For the price of 100 00buck or 100 slugs you can get a round ball mold lead smelter and 100 #8 bird shot and make 100 slugs. Plus a 69 cal round ball weighs within 15 grains of the lead shot load so it is a safe practice load.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom