• ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Now even the SEC is investigating SVB.
    What they do not mention is they have to, because well all the sales of SVB assets for pennies on the dollar have to be approved.

Do not worry though, they are doing so in cooperation with the Justice department, so I am sure everything will be "fair and equitable" to those of the correct venture capitalist political class.

In other words what I think is happening. So you were a left leaning venture capitalist with deposits(already made whole) and stocks(that you lost a boat load of money on). But they want to make sure the assets that are left are sold in a fair an equitable way...in other words I think they are selling assets dirt cheap to the ones who made the bad bets to start with, even if others offer more. Commonly known as theft(of other investors returns on sale of said assets). Selling of assets is taking place, but much of it is invite only. You need invited to bid,and the SEC and now JD control who gets those invitations. All the FDIC is doing is handing over assets for sale.

I am sure nothing shady is going on.

That did not take long to prove correct.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Now even the SEC is investigating SVB.
    What they do not mention is they have to, because well all the sales of SVB assets for pennies on the dollar have to be approved.

Do not worry though, they are doing so in cooperation with the Justice department, so I am sure everything will be "fair and equitable" to those of the correct venture capitalist political class.

In other words what I think is happening. So you were a left leaning venture capitalist with deposits(already made whole) and stocks(that you lost a boat load of money on). But they want to make sure the assets that are left are sold in a fair an equitable way...in other words I think they are selling assets dirt cheap to the ones who made the bad bets to start with, even if others offer more. Commonly known as theft(of other investors returns on sale of said assets). Selling of assets is taking place, but much of it is invite only. You need invited to bid,and the SEC and now JD control who gets those invitations. All the FDIC is doing is handing over assets for sale.

I am sure nothing shady is going on.

And again, dc curia picking the winners and losers.

asevans

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    There are very few things as centralized as Bitcoin. 1 single person, if he chooses, could shut down the entire ecosystem and wipe the value. The value of bitcoin is predicated on that NOT happening. Central banks should and have zero fear of crypto.
    Ok that tells me you no nothing about what your talking about. You need to do a little more research. No one can shut off bitcoin. No one is in charge of bitcoin. You must work for the FED

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    There’s a crypto thread here…

among others.
    No one needs to try to change anyone’s mind about crypto, in here. It’s pointless, no matter where you stand.
    I think it's telling that the primary places to buy crypto seem to be at gas station ATMs in the seedier parts of town...

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Ok that tells me you no nothing about what your talking about. You need to do a little more research. No one can shut off bitcoin. No one is in charge of bitcoin. You must work for the FED
    Shutting off bitcoin is as easy as killing the power(same for most fiat currencies).
    Not to mention the greatest risk to any currency in the digital realm quantum computers. Which could make short work of anything in a digital space.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    And if it fails (and it will), who do you go after to be made whole? Your post is correct. The answer is "no one". You're just screwed.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    186   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    A number of years ago, I bought GM stock for my IRA at $60's as it seemed to be as solid as anything around. Fast forward a few years, sold it at $30 & was thrilled I did before it went to zero.

I am a firm believer in tangible assets, things you can see, touch, feel & walk on. Real estate in the right places. I don't want to own anything in liberal states, liberal counties or liberal cities as .gov seems to encroach heavily on margins via taxes and exercise too much control on what you can do with your own property.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member