• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2013
    Lafayette
    Anyone know of any good bedding kits or smiths that can do a good bedding job without paying an outrageous price, I'm all for get what you pay for but don't want to get ripped off either. if its something I can do myself and just really take my time I'm all for it. anyone have any pictures of jobs they have done themselves or experiences with doing this? Thanks all

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    :popcorn:

I am also thinking about doing some bedding so I am tagging along here. I think Stu Grell may do some but I have never seen his work. I had a couple things done by him and was partially satisfied with his work, but I am probably too critical. I'm sure he is a good gunsmith and I just set my expectations too high.

Jim McKalip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Cumberland
    It's been a long time since I've done any bedding, but I had the best luck with J-B Weld steel filled epoxy. I used vegetable cooking spray (Pam) as a release agent. Brownell"s Acraglas never cured right for me. J-B Weld is available at Home Depot and Lowe's.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I wouldn't buy a kit. Buy a batch of devcon steel, some masking tape, qtips/wd40 (for cleaning up), some clear shoe polish (release agent), and Crayola molding clay (to fill voids). watch the youtube vids and do your research and its pretty simple and straightforward. a dremel and sanding drum to clean up the excess inside of the stock.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom